ActorX Maya2011 Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActorX Maya2011 Location?

The ActorX page says Maya 2011 is supported (32&64bit)
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ActorX.html#ActorX for Autodesk Maya

it says the plug-in is in
    /Binaries/ActorX/

I have the August build and there is only Maya 2010 in there.

I assume this is old... it only has 2010 and says "/Two/"
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX.html

I've read that it was not supported yet on recent threads, but then saw that is [says] it is.

I can't find Maya 2011 and feel like I'm an idiot and its right in front of my face. Can anyone varify that it is indeed out for 2011? Or verify I'm an idiot and it is right in front of my face?

EDIT altho I don't see in the Version notes: anything about 2011, maybe its just a teaser?

You need to wait for the next build to come out. I dont think they update the downloads page until it's out either.

Comment

This is not the solution for your problem, but I don't use ActorX at all, because the standard FBX plugin works very well with static and skeletal meshes. You can import FBX files into UDK since May I guess.

Comment

I've been using FBX as well. It's a very nice importer when I can get it to work. Trying to properly get my hailfire droid into the UDK was hell for me lol.

Comment

I've been using the FBX as well but for animation the way ActorX works breaking up the animations/naming for like weapons 'n such seems like you need it, no?

Comment

Indeed. It was a b*tch to try and guess where to split up the animation for my weapon. I hope that UDK will allow us to split it by frames, rather than by seconds.

Comment

I use to make the skeletal meshes and animations in Maya 2011 and I don't have any problem with that. I don't use black magic, it just works fine.

Comment

Working...
              X