Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle Emitter Spawn

I noticed some of the comes-with-UDK particle effects have, for example
    burst set to 1 and constant set to 6 (this comes from P_WP_ShockRifle_ball)
    whats the point of that? why not set the constant to 7 and get the same thing.

Also in video tutorials everyone uses burst to spawn 1 particle, say a core element that remains. So they want to have just one particle spawned. They'll set the burst to 1, and loop to 1, which I don't get. Why not set constant to 1 or 2 and max draw to 1? constant won't emit another particle until the first one dies, so its not a lifespan thing.

Are there other benefits to burst other than the ability to turn on and off the particle emitter? Or to rephrase, is there a purpose for burst other than to literally burst a set of particles? like is there something to do with coding and weapons that one would want burst?

because with burst, you guarentee that it will burst at the time listed. Likely, set to 0, so that means that no matter what, the effect will always fire off a particle when the system spawns. They are very, very useful.

Comment

Thanks! just did a test with 2 emitters, and you are exactly right(you knew that but I was following up).
      Burst will emit sooner than spawn. so an spawned emitter rate of 7 is the same particle count as burst of 1, spawn of 6, except that the bursted emitter will emit sooner.

Comment

Working...
      X