Darkness in viewports and game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkness in viewports and game

I`ve just downloaded the newest UDK version. What happen to it? All maps appearing too dark in both viewport and game. How to correct this?

Looks fine to me.

Comment

It's just called "color grading", who mainly increase the contrast.
      http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ColorGrading.html

Comment

No color grading is set to off. I think its ambient occlusion glitch. Anyone got some idea?

Comment

I set AO to off.Still the same

Comment

Must've been the wrong AO. You need to disable Post-processing AO in World Properties.

Comment

i`ve done it, picture is still a bit dark.

Comment

Colorgrading isn't off even if you don't have a lookup table (it uses the default lookup table then).

Type "colorgrading 0" in the console and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

It`s works. Thank you. Dont you know how to achive good AO?

Comment

You could make your own post process chain and assign it to your level. That way you can alter the AO.

Comment

The only way to assign new chain is in DefaultEngine.ini? How I can apply several chains to one level?

Comment

It's a per level thing these days. In Worldinfo properties there's a line called "World Post Process Chain", use your chain there.

Comment

Thank you. One more question. When i put neutral 256x16 LUT in ColorLookupTable, picture become very dark again. Why?

Comment

several things.

1. your monitors contrast and brightness is to low??
                            2. perhaps your in game settings for brightness and contrast is low

3. it tall looks fine to me??

Comment

Please guys answer the question. How to get correct image like in early builds of udk?

Comment

Working...
                              X