can i use ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i use ...

can i use 3ds max trial and import it to udk???

You can, but only for non-commercial products.

Comment

wat do u mean by non-comercial products???

Comment

You mustn't earn any money with it, neither by selling it nor by offering it for free on a website that features a donate button nor by money that you get for advertising on a website where you distribute the program for free.

Q: I just want to be clear on the royalty side: 25% is on Net earnings by the developer, correct? Not Gross sales on portals I hope.

A: The 25% royalty is calculated on the revenue the UDK licensee receives by commercializing their UDK application. It will be defined in the Commercial Amendment to the EULA to "includes, but is not limited to, revenue earned from: sales, advertisements, sponsorships, endorsements, subscription fees, rentals, pay-to-play, services you sell or are remunerated for in connection with the use of your application and amounts a third party pays You to develop or use the application."

Those are the terms of the UDK, but if you earn any money with something that uses the things that you created in Max then it's considered commercial.

Comment

I believe the only question with regards to importing from a trial version of Max is, if you are going to sell the product then does Autodesk say anything about selling products made with the trial version. If you intend to purchase max when or prior to this being sold, then the question is moot.

Comment

Working...
          X