Problem with Mesh Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Mesh Painting

I know how to mesh paint pretty well, but I'm running into a stupid error. I'm trying to paint a plane and the mesh paint tool isn't even recognizing it. I've tried painting another mesh i've made and it looks like it works fine.
    Yes, I've put enough verts into the plane to be painted on and even setup a proper material for it. It just refuses to be painted on. any ideas?

What version of UDK are you on?
    If you are on a version less than August or maybe July you need to have per-poly collision enabled on your static mesh to be able to mesh paint. That setting can be found in the properties window in the static mesh editor when you are editing the mesh in question.

If you already have that enabled or are in the August/July build then its probably some other issue. Maybe it doesn't work with planes for some reason. Have you tried adding a little depth to your plane so its more like a really thin rectangle?

Comment

Check to see if the mesh has indexed vertex colors already, and make sure the tool is set to Actor, and not Mesh Asset.

Comment

i tried both of those, but no success
        the odd thing is the static mesh that's working doesn't even have a special material attached to it. and i've seen a tutorial where a guy just uses planes for this. that's exactly what i was going for.

also, i'm using the May version

Comment

ok, even more frustating, i just upload the entire package into the June version and it works perfectly. i don't want to move my entier game over to a different build because of one little error. still trying things, but nothing is working.

Comment

never mind everyone. i just brought everything to the august build and everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
            X