UDK to UE3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK to UE3?

My team is currently in the process of developing a game using the Unreal Development Kit (we're about 60% done). If we plan on selling this game commercially, we would prefer to license the Unreal Engine 3 instead of obtaining a commercial license for UDK. Would we face any issues transferring any of our levels, animation cycles, and scripts from UDK to UE3? Would it be as simple as exporting/importing? If not, would the transition be as difficult as trying to move a game to an entirely different engine? Any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: To clarify, we are going to be demonstrating the game to a number of small publishers and I want to make sure that if we enter into any agreements that we can transfer the game onto a more commercially viable engine.

If you have $750,000 or similar to buy the license; would be your first problem,

As for that as ambershee said below, yes shouldn't be too hard as its the same thing except probably some script changes

Comment

It should be fairly painless to move everything across to a similar UE3 build.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
        If you have $750,000 or similar to buy the license; would be your first problem,

As for that as ambershee said below, yes shouldn't be too hard as its the same thing except probably some script changes
        Thankfully, that won't be a problem.

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
        It should be fairly painless to move everything across to a similar UE3 build.
        Good to know; thank you for your help.

Comment

Only difference I can think of, is that a direct license may not (or may!) include licenses for some of the middleware that you are already using in the UDK, and those sorts of things might need to be negotiated individually.

Comment

Working...
          X