Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only does Atlas not come with UDK, Atlas is entirely incompatible with UDK. It requires changing the base code of the engine to enable it to handle clouds better.

Comment

Originally posted by NickelSlick View Post
      Wasn't Lineage 2 made with the Unreal engine?
      I think Vanguard: Saga of Heroes was a modified Unreal game also.

Comment

[QUOTE=EagleEye;27572321]In any case, it's looking like UDK will not be the optimal solution... /QUOTE]

Isnt that what almost every post about MMO's says?

Now if you had bothered to read all the posts about MMO's on this forum instead of just the "You cant do it, its impossible" parts, then you wouldnt of needed to do a huge rant about it in the first place.

The vast ammout of members in this community, and Epic know what their talking about and to diss them because they say something you dont want to hear is very childish.

Comment

I can't believe this question/discussion is still continuing. I really would urge Epic to sticky one of these MMO threads. So that people will read it and realise before making uninformed topics about how long they've spent working on their 'franchise', which they want to turn into an MMO.

Whats so great about MMO's anyway. Most of them cripple under their own weight at release, and its proven that any MMO with any hope to gain a decent subscriber base is crushed by the industry leading World of Warcraft.

I usually hate people who say "start making a small game, this and that". No, just DONT make an MMO. Start with something that can be prototyped with a few people, and then work from there.

Comment

CC, Mordt hopped in and necro'd this thread.

Comment

Ahh, didn't notice ;D

Comment

This is the a great read. It is found on the 3dstudio website.

However be aware that a MMOG involves a lot more than just a game engine. For hosting ten thousands of players you need to set up at least a portal server, a database server, and several zone servers. Creating a MMOG is definitely not a hobby project, and requires a good team, and last but not least, good funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                  CC, Mordt hopped in and necro'd this thread.
                  Sorry guys, forgot to check if it was old. Was just running through a search on DLL Bind and this thread came up. Was an interesting read

Comment

Working...
                  X