My Project:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Project:

My project consists of this......Oh- I guess we can't post images...

http://www.motorcity3d.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5

Yes, we can post images. Your forum is locked so only people who register can view it, and your main web page comes up with "Content on this page requires a newer version of the Adobe Flash player" .. and i'm currently using the brand newest latest Linux flash player.

Are you in Detroit?

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post

Are you in Detroit?
      I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Yes I have it so you have to register to the site, just try to keep unwontons out.

I built the site from scratch, so yeah you will have to be upto-date.

I'm in the Metro-Detroit area- yes.

Theres no attach file here deal- and this link doesn't work- How do you attach a image??

Comment

Originally posted by MotorCity3D View Post
          Yes I have it so you have to register to the site, just try to keep unwontons out.

I built the site from scratch, so yeah you will have to be upto-date.

I'm in the Metro-Detroit area- yes.

Theres no attach file here deal- and this link doesn't work- How do you attach a image??

[img width=700 height=394]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp69/VVaFFenPanZZeR/M1A2_2.jpg[/img]
          Tell the world about your project through the latest in communication technologies: Text.

No need for broken image links that don't even describe the game (for those that didn't copy and paste the link: it's an almost complete tank model and nothing else), or broken Flash and a site that requires signing up.

Comment

LOL- someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed... whats broken about it- it works fine for me- upgrade maybe.

Since when is talking about starting a project and showing progress a bad thing............sorry to offend you by whatever is eating at you..

Didn't you sign up to this site??

Comment

People don't want to register to a site that they are never going to go to again, people register here because they will end up using these resources a lot, but it's not worth anyone's time to register on your site just to see WIP pics for something that they aren't really interested in.

Comment

He may seem a bit agressive, but he is absolutely right.
                A generic screenshot won't explain anything and nobody will get interested and sign up for things they have no idea what is.

And the image doesn't work for the rest of us.

Comment

Your site still pretty much doesn't work -- just checked on Windows, using latest version of Flash, and still says I need to upgrade. Still as others pointed out, no one is going to bother registering for a forum (even if it only takes 2 seconds) if they just want to see what your post is about, but at least your forum is now open without registering.

Comment

Exactly what doesn't work, I have tested it on many machines with different browsers.. The entire site is just not working???

Comment

Your sub pages seem to work, but the front/main page just has two error messages about needing to upgrade Flash, although i'm using latest on both linux and windows.

Comment

I've been asking people to check, no body else has an issue.

They all report that all the flash content works fine. Not sure why you or anyone for that matter would have an issue. Do you have IE8??

Comment

Looks like your flash version detection script only works in IE, might as well throw it out

Comment

Your the first person to say anything to me about it. That does say something.

Comment

Considering that more people use browsers that aren't IE, now, I'm guessing that it's either a lack of visitors, or a lack of people trying to figure out how to contact you after they see your front page doesn't work

It's also a pointless script, because Flash itself would generate the same thing, if you were using a version of flash that doesn't support the features used.

There should never be a script that actually detects what browser a user is using, and does different things for it. There are better ways to do things .. in this case, just put the flash object in, and let flash deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X