• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ut3 assets in commercial project?

Something got me quite confused here!

If you look at this page:
    https://www.udk.com/licensing-faqs.html
    Can I release a noncommercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?
    Yes. You can use UT3 assets included with UDK for a noncommercial game, but not UT3 assets not included with UDK. If you wish to sell your game, all assets must be owned by you.
    And then look at this page:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DevelopmentKitFAQ.html
    Q: Can I release a commercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?

A: Yes, with one exception. You may not release anything marked as a SkeletalMesh in the Content Browser in a commercial UDK application.
    Now... Can I use the UT3 assets (limited to anything but SkeletalMesh?) or not?

Thanks

Anything but the characters, vehicles and weapons are freely usable as I understand it.

Comment

that means we can use all the udk anims? on a commercial game?

Comment

You can use anything that is not a SkeletalMesh. You do that, though, and the rest of us will know it.

Comment

Yes you can use the UDK AnimSets... why would you want to, though? they is fugly in the worst WoWish cartoony way

Comment

...andif you're going to construct your own skeletalmesh to animate with it, you might as well animate it too...

Comment

And it can only be the assets included with UDK, not any of the assets that are in UT3 but not UDK

Comment

GDC demo assets

so how does this relate to the assets for instance used i the GDC techdemo.
                (the jungle level) those meshes are not from the original UT3 nor the UTT3 Demo,

however it just makes sense using only your own content.
                selling other peoples content, while you are already allowed to use their engine for (almost) free, that just aint right...

Comment

All thingsi ncluded with UDK except for SkeletalMeshes

Comment

I would assume that means only the assets included in the official beta builds of the UDK. So anything released outside the beta build, like tech demos etc would be off limits by default.

Comment

The GDC tech demo is included with UDK.

Comment

Working...
                      X