Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why rt_reflection matial can`t work well.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why rt_reflection matial can`t work well.

I have created a capture actor of rendertotexture 2d for my scene.and gernerate a reatime reflection texture.but when i useed it for my reflection matial ,it can not work .and i added componentmask node and screenpos node after the reflectioc texture node in the matial.but i just got a green shader .why ,tell me why.i dont know what can i do .please help me ,ok. Thanks!

See my signature and use the Search function in the future. If English isn't your first language, no big deal, but try, try to use punctuation in a coherent fashion!

Comment

Thanks.but i can`t link to the youtube. Would you like please help me other way ?

Comment

I just add 1-x node for my matial,and the "green glow" has gone ,but the matial of reflection textures shows very very small. I dont know to get fit size .THanks!

Comment

I HAVE SENT SOME PICTURES ABOUT IT .PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED FILE.THANKS!
          http://www.rayfile.com/files/833e6c6...9-0015c55db73d

Comment

http://www.game-artist.net/forums/fi...gpool-udk.html

See the water material there, it's fairly straight forward.

Comment

Thank to xendance. Your water is perfect.but my problom is that the reflection can not work normaly. I don`t know anything wrong with it .ask for your help. Thanks!

Comment

Heh that's way more complex than the one I posted HDesign, follow the instructions on my mini tut very carefully, I've had tons of people try it and reproduce it just fine.

Also, your file links to a chinese character website where I can't possibly figure out where the download link is, much less that I won't typically download files from unknown sources. Post some pics linking them with the [shot/] tags, otherwise I can't really help.

Comment

Hello and thank to danimal.
                  Oh my god! I need your help . But I don`t know how to upload my pictures because that I am a Chinese. I do like UDK baking for it looks so good. And I want to solve the problem about realtime reflection .How can i ?

Comment

Heh your page has more spam bombs than a Hormel factory on fire. I translated most of your site and tried to get the pic to take a look. Six pages of Chinese spam popped up lol. Can't really help if we can't see the problem.

Comment

OK,I have made a video about it and uploaded .Please open the following page.Ask for your help. Thank a lot!
                      http://www.56.com/u13/v_NTQwMDk2NTA.html

Comment

Someone gets a big "bu hao" for not following directions at all. Just follow the instructions of my tutorial EXACTLY, don't apply it to some other material loosely. When you don't follow a tutorial and sort of "guess" how to apply it, this is what happens. Among other things you:

- Didn't setup the Mask (R,G).
                        - Didn't setup the Screen Position.
                        - Are adding it to the Power of that material, which results in you adding it with precisely nothing. In my tutorial I Add it to a diffuse texture, you're adding it to math...

Don't "apply" my tutorial to a separate material. Do the actual tutorial, don't make it up as you go. Then add in whatever bits from that ocean material you want AFTER.

Comment

Thanks! Though I resetup a new scene and made a new realtime reflection matial which was added of mask(r,g) or screenposition,and was added to a defuce texture.It can not go well beause of thousands of mini reflection maps showed on the surface.Why,can you tell me why?Something wrong with it ?

Originally posted by danimal' View Post
                          Someone gets a big "bu hao" for not following
                          directions at all. Just follow the instructions of my tutorial EXACTLY, don't apply it to some other material loosely. When you don't follow a tutorial and sort of "guess" how to apply it, this is what happens. Among other things you:

- Didn't setup the Mask (R,G).
                          - Didn't setup the Screen Position.
                          - Are adding it to the Power of that material, which results in you adding it with precisely nothing. In my tutorial I Add it to a diffuse texture, you're adding it to math...

Don't "apply" my tutorial to a separate material. Do the actual tutorial, don't make it up as you go. Then add in whatever bits from that ocean material you want AFTER.

Comment

Sigh, my advice won't change, setup my tutorial exactly, screenshot me the exact same setup and any issues you feel you have with it. So far you're just altering it then wondering why it doesn't work, if you don't actually follow the directions I'm not going to give any additional help.

Comment

Hi,I have just posted a thread in the following page with some pictures capture from my scene and the matial.Would you like please help me ?
                              http://www.game-artist.net/forums/su...k-normaly.html

Comment

Working...
                              X