Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making pawn immune to damage

Hello everyone...

I'm working on a tower defense game, and I need to make it so my towers (treated as pawns) don't take damage, cause right now they accidentally shoot each other if they are in the way ><...

I tried adding "bCanBeDamaged = false", to my Pawn.uc default properties but it isn't working. I know it's the right file & place, because I'm setting other things such as collision, and jump height in the same file and it's working fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Are they supposed to be destructible at all? If not, try Health=0 or just override the TakeDamage() function in that class to not apply any damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
      Are they supposed to be destructible at all? If not, try Health=0 or just override the TakeDamage() function in that class to not apply any damage.
      Over-riding takedamage() worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Setting health to 0 would have worked, except this also makes them so they can't rotate.

For anyone else looking to do this, add this code to your Pawn.uc file:

Code:
      function TakeDamage(int Damage, Controller EventInstigator, vector HitLocation, vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType, optional TraceHitInfo HitInfo, optional Actor DamageCauser)
      {
      }

Comment

Working...
      X