Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senior high school student needs mentor for UDK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Senior high school student needs mentor for UDK

    I have been looking all around but there are no people in my area (clayton, NC) who are able to help me. And I am sure those in Epic Games in Cary are much too busy for a high school student. It is the NC graduation project. I am creating a CTF level for Unreal Tournament using the Editor in UDK. The project requires a mentor. It doesn't need to be in person. It can all be done 100% electronically. I will be in contact with this person from time to time between now and December. If somebody could be my mentor (preferably someone IN the gaming industry) I would much appreciate it.

    #2
    have you scouted out tutorials first... if you have and are still confused I maybe can donate a little time

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Hboybowen View Post
      have you scouted out tutorials first... if you have and are still confused I maybe can donate a little time
      Yes I have, I have the ability to do it myself. I'm bad with ideas, but I can still do it. The only reason I would need a mentor are

      1) feedback (I have the imagination, but I'm horrible with creating my imagination so I'll prolly ask suggestions)

      2) requirements (the state REQUIRES i have a mentor, even if i don't need one

      3) proof (someone to prove that it's MY level, not somebody else's)

      If you are able to that would be much appreciated

      Comment


        #4
        I might be able to do some work here. Pm me and we'll talk.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by kylesguitar89 View Post
          Yes I have, I have the ability to do it myself. I'm bad with ideas, but I can still do it. The only reason I would need a mentor are

          1) feedback (I have the imagination, but I'm horrible with creating my imagination so I'll prolly ask suggestions)

          2) requirements (the state REQUIRES i have a mentor, even if i don't need one

          3) proof (someone to prove that it's MY level, not somebody else's)

          If you are able to that would be much appreciated
          well just make a progress thread for all your work and everyone can do all that stuff

          Comment


            #6
            WOAH! haha why didn't i think of that? well i still need 1 person to sign off some forms and boring junk like that -_-

            Comment


              #7
              Your mum? Surely she can read the thread and say you did it...

              Comment


                #8
                can't be related sadly

                Comment


                  #9
                  Give a hobo ten bucks and a sandvich then. I'm sure he'll comply.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Kind of stupid your school would ask for a mentor honestly, I guess they are assuming that the person is local, but who would want to sign papers given to them by a stranger on the internet (no offence I am not calling you not trustworthy), just throwing that out there lol .

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Hobo is credit to team! Wont' you have to mail forms to somebody? I've seen this kind of project before and it required the school instructor to contact the mentor to verify the knowledge. However, this wasn't high school, rather a stupid expensive art institute. Is this the case? If so do they plan to call or email?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Pranav View Post
                        Kind of stupid your school would ask for a mentor honestly, I guess they are assuming that the person is local, but who would want to sign papers given to them by a stranger on the internet (no offence I am not calling you not trustworthy), just throwing that out there lol .
                        lol yes it is dumb but it can be done electronically so they don't even have to be in the Raleigh area. Someone could just print out the document, sign the papers, scan it, and send it back. it is dumb that the school would allow that. That's why they want someone to be in the field you are working on. But still I see what you are saying XD

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hitpawz View Post
                          Hobo is credit to team! Wont' you have to mail forms to somebody? I've seen this kind of project before and it required the school instructor to contact the mentor to verify the knowledge. However, this wasn't high school, rather a stupid expensive art institute. Is this the case? If so do they plan to call or email?
                          No they just require that the mentor sign papers. no need for calls, an email is a maybe.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X