Originally posted by dazdaryl View Post
    i see that before

Comment

Originally posted by ali rafaty View Post
      thanks!!1but river is different from pool read it carefully:

i scale fluid surface to set with my terrain!then UVW will be bad .ok
      i build custom static mesh and get it water materials but no answer

and i mean UDK not UE2
      River is not different from a pool, and you could very well do it exactly the same way in UDK as I suggested would work UE2 (although I think you could probably do it better in UDK, just look at DM-Sanctuary)

Use your head, look at what is already provided, and stop telling people that their help is useless when it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
        River is not different from a pool, and you could very well do it exactly the same way in UDK as I suggested would work UE2 (although I think you could probably do it better in UDK, just look at DM-Sanctuary)

Use your head, look at what is already provided, and stop telling people that their help is useless when it's not.
        i did't say that friend and noting found oN DM-Sanctuary LIKE MY NEED (it is not that in my mine)

Comment

there's no water on DM-Sanctuary?!

Comment

He wants a river where the water follows the flow and shape of the terrain instead of panning in one direction. You have to model a river static mesh and UV it correctly in order to have the water flow in the direction of the river, google modeling and Uving.

Comment

@ Elmuerte This is not true in the UDN documentation and various other source I can't seem to remember I think one of them might have been Wikipedia or something say that UDK is Unreal Engine 3.5 there is a UE3.5 ME2 used it as well as transformers war for cybertron. UDK has enhanced lighting over UE3 as stated on UDN, UDK isn't a direct copy of UE3 simply because if it was they wouldn't have needed to recreate the same engine twice.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_2 Look at the engine stated.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_...nreal_Engine_3 UDK is between UE3 and UE4

Comment

pulse: that's wrong.

Comment

Well I am hoping that you'll tell me exactly what 3.5 is then is it just an upgraded version of UE3 what is it? I am open to hearing what is then.

Comment

There is no UE 3.5, simple as that. It's the same engine, different builds. Like how Valve is constantly updating their Source engine, they don't have Source 1/2/3/3.5/etc.

Comment

UE3 is the whole generation of UnrealEngine. The engine is constantly updated, and licensees get constant updates. If you want to attach a version number to it, it will probably be something like UE3.38.

UE2.5 was a fluke because it was based on the UE2 version of UT2003/UT2004, which was forked form the normal UE2. And a lot of changes where made, UE2 and UE2.5 were not really compatible. Epic decided to make the UT2004 version of UE2 available for licensees and dubbed it UE2.5.

There was also UE2.X which was an XBox specific version of UE2.

The wikipedia page is simply wrong.

Comment

Udk is ue3

Comment

Working...
                        X