X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Udk vs ue3!!!

hi all
    read:UDK VS UE3 in tools
    as we know that epic release UDK with Wane.for example create river in UDK is Incubus!!

UE3 have special mesh and materials for river but in UDK...
    At least no good tutorials for them,the problem i said is small than the other's i don't say! so i ask 10 time that how to create river.no answer
    so i can find good method but it's not complete! i need a tools like snap tools to attach my fluidsurface together Watchful!(note that grid cant do that).
    so i start my project with UDK and can't change it and UDK problems become more and more everyday! Complex uploaded!

UDK is UE3. The only thing is that if you want the source code, you'd have to pay half a million dollars.

Comment

It's closer to quarter million and UDK is being called UE3.5 or something along those lines anyway, the reason no one answers your question on how to make a river is because they don't really care enough to help just use a moving water texture (type in water in the content browser you'll find many) there aren't many problems with the engine it's just there is a lot more time and devotion required to make anything look good than what most people think. The fact you want your water texture to curve a long with your river system isn't as "simple" as you think it is and that is a reason why you can't find many tutorials on things partly because those who figure stuff out don't want to give it out if their going commercial because then what they know everyone else knows as well.

Comment

Its quite easy click on the sheet shape on the shapes bar once you've created it go to the content browser and type in 'water' apply the desired texture to the surface (the sheet) it will apply the texture to the landscape under it if this happens which it most probably will after hitting ALT-Z go underneath the sheet and apply the texture that way then go to the 'cube' on the shapes bar and create the properties that fit the location then go to :
        BRUSH > ADD VOLUME > WATER VOLUME the water volume is exactly where the cube is situated move the cube and you'll see the water volume which has a wire frame of pink.

Happy editing

Comment

ok wait hot do you add a river

Comment

By creating it in the Editor? I'm sure there are lots of tutorials for such basic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by pulse0o0 View Post
              and UDK is being called UE3.5 or something along those lines anyway
              No it's not. There is only UE3, there is no UE3.5, or UE3X as there was for UE2. It's a unified codebase, that's why it's simply UE3.

Comment

its not hard to create a river you need to have a terrain for a river and then create a fluid surface and make it large enough to cover the entire river...not hard at all

Comment

Your lack of experience should not be confused for problems with the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                    Your lack of experience should not be confused for problems with the tools.
                    ok you have an experience.tell me how to do that?
                    thanks

Comment

Get over to UDN and read the tutorials...

Comment

try this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryqyaziFgE

Comment

Originally posted by ali rafaty View Post
                          ok you have an experience.tell me how to do that?
                          thanks
                          I don't know if there's a better way in the current UDK engine, but in Unreal 2, I would:

Build a terrain
                          Shape a riverbed into the terrain
                          Surround the river area in a WaterVolume
                          Put an animated water texture on a non-blocking plane, as the surface of the river.

I imagine there's better ways of doing at the very least that last part - I'd probably look in DM-Sanctuary, because it has fantastic looking water in it.

Comment

Water is a pretty big Tech issue to tackle, good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by -=UT_L3G3ND=- View Post
                              Its quite easy click on the sheet shape on the shapes bar once you've created it go to the content browser and type in 'water' apply the desired texture to the surface (the sheet) it will apply the texture to the landscape under it if this happens which it most probably will after hitting ALT-Z go underneath the sheet and apply the texture that way then go to the 'cube' on the shapes bar and create the properties that fit the location then go to :
                              BRUSH > ADD VOLUME > WATER VOLUME the water volume is exactly where the cube is situated move the cube and you'll see the water volume which has a wire frame of pink.

Happy editing
                              thanks!!1but river is different from pool read it carefully:

i scale fluid surface to set with my terrain!then UVW will be bad .ok
                              i build custom static mesh and get it water materials but no answer

and i mean UDK not UE2

Comment

Working...
                              X