Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help please!

    I am making an environement that is part indoor part outdoor. I want to know how to add another material to the ground whithout replacing the one that was already there. Pics or video's would be great if you could post 'em. Thanks.

    Sincerely, Fred da Bunny

    #2
    Just a hint, you don't HAVE to post with a tag in front of it. Just leave it empty and post your thread.

    As for your problem, I don't quite understand what it is you're trying to do..

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mktwo View Post
      Just a hint, you don't HAVE to post with a tag in front of it. Just leave it empty and post your thread.

      As for your problem, I don't quite understand what it is you're trying to do..
      Ok what im trying to do is make a ground with 2 different materials on it. What i mean is I want half sand and half rock. How can I do this?

      Comment


        #4
        Id help you if i knew.

        Comment


          #5
          Can't you just make two separate floor-pieces, one for sand and one for rock?

          Comment


            #6
            You mean you want to paint different materials on the terrain?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Fred da Bunny View Post
              Ok what im trying to do is make a ground with 2 different materials on it. What i mean is I want half sand and half rock. How can I do this?
              Are these BOTH outdoor materials or want? like on one terrain?

              Comment


                #8
                ok ya that'll probably work

                Comment


                  #9
                  Just make a terrain and size it to fill your open area (or for that matter your entire surface area). Then you could add as many materials as you need and where you need them. That's the easiest way to do it. If you prefer to use multiple terrains, like between paved areas or something like that, then you could. Although I'd just use the one terrain map for all of it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Adding a note to Ken's statement - I heard it's smarter to break up larger terrains into zones to ensure the engine can offload the terrain. I heard that as so long as a bit of it is used (seen) all of it stays loaded as it cannot be subdivided. The same I heard is true about static meshes.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Intermission View Post
                      Are these BOTH outdoor materials or want? like on one terrain?
                      ya thats the idea. I also wanna throw on some indoor stuff too

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by KenD View Post
                        Just make a terrain and size it to fill your open area (or for that matter your entire surface area). Then you could add as many materials as you need and where you need them. That's the easiest way to do it. If you prefer to use multiple terrains, like between paved areas or something like that, then you could. Although I'd just use the one terrain map for all of it.
                        sorry, i don't get what you're trying to say

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X