Extract .uc files from .U files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract .uc files from .U files

k i making this post cause i am plain lost on what to do, i have been experimenting with the UDK and i like it it's fun but i screwed my self by accident
    i created a small game to mess with compiled it than i uploaded it to my server so i can test it out but i reformatted my pc 4 days ago after i got hit by a virus i couldn't get rid of. well i downloaded the files but their only .u files is their any way for me to get back at least part of my .uc scripts so i can rebuild it for making changes or am i screwed, i searched Google and found tons of ways to do it with UE3 adn the unreal tournament editors but i can't find a way with UDK. is their a way and if so can some one please tell or show me how please i don't want to completely re-script it, and i know i should of made a back up but i didn't which i am regretting lesson learned

You can load code packages in the UDK Editor and export scripts from the Actor browser. Note however that (unlike other code) the defaultproperties section is not imported as plain text at compile time. The default values are directly assigned to the default archetype object of that class.
    In other words, when exporting scripts, the defaultproperties section is generated on-the-fly based on the default property values that differ from the parent class. That means if you added comments, dynamic array operations or any special formatting there, it's all lost. (Only the result of the dynarray operation is exported, not the actual operations.)
    On the other hand, the script exporter adds some garbage that will prevent the class from compiling. For example, the defaultproperties and each subobject definition will contain the properties "Name" and "ObjectArchetype" that should be removed. Also, the "Begin Object" line of subobject definitions contains additional parameters that will not be accepted by the compiler. You should remove them all except for "Name=..." and (if the subobject is not inherited from the super class) "Class=...". In fact, if the subobject is inherited and doesn't contain any changed properties (after you deleted Name and ObjectArchetype), you should delete its redefinition entirely.
    And finally, I'm not sure if all subobjects are properly exported. I think only Component subclasses and objects assigned to properties declared with the "export" modifier (e.g. AnimNodes assigned to the SkeletalMeshComponent.Animations property) will be exported.

Comment

ah well thats ok as long as i can can get some of it back i can reconstruct it after i clear the garbage ty this is a life saver now i don't have to completely redo it at least

Comment

ok i am now confused for some reason the content browser is not detecting my .u files, this has me confused i was able to open my packages in the march release but this new one is confusing me nothing seems to want to work, and every time i load a external package the thing freezes and than crashes i can't even get the .u fiels to load into this release

Comment

Open the .u files with a text editor. It's all there, minus default properties, plus garbage, just as wormbo has mentioned.

Comment

not really a solution to your problem, but i get this when trying to load in UT3-compiled scripts (from an old mod of mine) into the UDK editor.

if your custom scripts arent showing up in game after being compiled with UDK then try moving the BLAH.U file from unplublished/script folder to UDKGame/Script. if that doesnt work then comb your source files and be sure you havent flagged anything as "notplaceable;" or "hidedropdown"

Comment

Working...
            X