Flipping one brush screws up the other one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipping one brush screws up the other one

Hi... I am in additive mode, and I have two cube brushes side by side. I needed to 'flip' the brush in geometry mode so the player would be able to run around inside the cube. For some reason, when I flip one of the brushes, the other one disappears!

It is still in 2-D views, though. The faces just don't seem to be there in 3-D view. I rebuilt everything. If I flip the first brush again, the other one reappears! How weird is that?

Is there another way other than flipping or how do I fix this?

Put a subtractive inside an additive to make a hollow box. Flipping an additive brush to do that is... a very, very bad idea. Unreal BSP is different than other kinds of CSG you might have encountered, the brushes lay down guidelines on how the compiler should triangulate the world rather than being the geometry itself.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! I'll try it when I get home. It sounds like it makes sense, though I never thought of it that way.

It's as if an additive brush is a small subtractive 'world' to subtract from. If I am stating the obvious, that's because I am as beginner lol.

Comment

Working...
      X