Package game fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package game fail

Whenever I package my game everything goes through smoothly. However, after the game has been packaged and an installer is made I try to install it. after installation the game will not run. when I try to launch the game Windows says it has stopped working. How do I fix this problem? Before packaging the game I fully recooked and then fully maked the game.

Does it work when you launch the game with UDKGame shortcut?

Comment

yes that is what I use to launch the game and it just crashes.

Comment

I think taz1004 means before you package the game, does it work using the "UDK - Game"-shortcut.

I could be wrong though, but I think that if it doesn't work that way, there is something wrong with your custom files.

Comment

Run the installed game with -log parameter and see if its complaining about missing packages or other errors before crashing.

Comment

yes It works perfectly fine with the udk shortcut before packaging the game. The logs show that there are no errors or warnings. Do I have to individually cook every map before packaging? I usually just do a full recook and remake. is this wrong to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Iclem View Post
              yes It works perfectly fine with the udk shortcut before packaging the game. The logs show that there are no errors or warnings. Do I have to individually cook every map before packaging? I usually just do a full recook and remake. is this wrong to do?
              Yes. You need to cook all the maps at once. You can create a text file with names of all your maps and import the list in the FrontEnd. But you said that it doesn't work with UDK Game shortcut before cooking and packaging. That means there's something wrong with your config or setup. Make sure you follow this tutorial on how to setup ini and uc files.

http://www.theballthegame.com/tutorialudk.htm

Some file names in that tutorial has been outdated. UTEngine.ini -> UDKEngine.ini for example.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys but I got it all fixed. All I needed to do was make the txt file as you said and cook them all. IT was apparently only cooking UTFrontend and EnvyEntry. Now it is cooking all and works perfectly. Stupid mistake on my part.

Comment

Working...
                X