• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a character playable in UDK

My character hasn't an UT3 skeleton structure and i want to:
    1- integrate it in my game as playable character
    2- make him move only in 2 axes (Y,Z)
    please any useful tutorial or script

please I need help, I don't have any knowledge about Unreal script or any kind of scripting, but I can handle any thing that doesn't concern programing

Comment

Your going to have to do some type of programming. I don't like it either and I am a master of shortcuts. One of the things I can tell you is go to 3dbuzz.com and follow the top down tutorial. Just so you can understand what you can do with the camera. The tutorial also comes with a lot of useful tips and things. I also want to make a side scrolling game as well. This forum is very useful as well. You might want to use the search engine here and maybe type in custom player, and a lot of options will come up for you.

Comment

I have watched all 3d buzz tutorials and the solution isn't there, the camera is fine the problem is with my character he has a different structure from UT character (its a fish), i tried to search custom player (character) but none of them is talking about integrating a character who have inhuman (UT character) structure, thanks for help, plz guys help

Comment

I'm affraid there's no easy solution for that problem. You'll have to create a completely custom AnimTree and AnimSet for your character. I'm working on something similar and currently trying to figure out the AnimTree.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesdk View Post
            I'm affraid there's no easy solution for that problem. You'll have to create a completely custom AnimTree and AnimSet for your character. I'm working on something similar and currently trying to figure out the AnimTree.
            The AnimSet is okay and I'm working on AnimTree but i can't find a good tutorial I don't understand how it works , I tried to use Wizzel's script to integrate my character or using the static mesh like they have do with AquaBall but it didn't work, the only thing that works is the camera (I tried it with the default character)

Comment

Please where I can find a good video tutorial for AnimTree , it's so confusing to work with

Comment

Working...
              X