UDK June is really RED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK June is really RED!!

Okay, so, I just installed the new UDK June 2010, and in the 3d viewport, everything thats dark, and all of the shadows are full of red pixels, its also that way in the separate window that pops up when I test my game. Is this because I don't have the latest hardware accelerator or is this common with other people or is this a widespread academic or...?

Please Help!!! SOS!!!

Drivers updated ?
    What is you render mode ? (shadow, game, unlit ?)

Comment

Do you have a Shader-Model 2.0-only card by any chance ? Altho that would have to be a fairly old one.

Supplying a screenshot might help in tracking the problem down, too.

Comment

When UDK finished installing, it said that if I don't have the latest PhysX drivers, goto the link provided (it never said anything about what I had or didn't have).

I have an ATI Radeon Graphics Card 4670, I'm running shader model 3 or 4 (not sure).

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, Froyok, your English is fine, its just that I'm a bit of a n00b to UDK, I'm not running lighmass, if thats what you mean, I only have 2GB of RAM.

Its weird, because when I had the April version (I can't install the May version, tried everything) this never happened, this also happened in the maps provided with the June UDK, except for the front end UDK file, which is what goes in the background of the main menu (if you haven't upgraded yet and seen that map) but there is a lot of post processing effects in there (A LOT!) especially the bloom effect in that level.

Sorry about the picture, I knew someone was going to say that, but trying to create an account on a picture hosting website turned out to be a huge hassle, but I eventually got one, here it is, (I have a Flickr now btw):

Plus I just saw this, Blue pixels in my skey mesh (if you have an LCD monitor, you might have to stand up to see the blue pixels):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51503493@N04/4736241285/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51503493@N04/4736884844/

I have a problem with uploading pictures to this forum, sorry.

Thank you for posting and helping me with this.

Comment

It says the photos are private.

Comment

Oops, sorry, like I said, just got the account.

Comment

www.imageshack.us is a way better option than flicker

Comment

Ugh, only if you want to get spammed by popups of ambiguously malware content.

Comment

You don't get popup spam if you link directly to the jpg, and not their share page

Comment

Um, I don't really care about popups.

And about that red problem...

Comment

In order to get rid of all the red ****, open the editor, do a search for PostProcessChain look for UTPostProcess_Console. Double click on that, and look for UberPostProcessEffect, click on it, and look for Enable HDRToneMapper, there is a checkbox next to it. Un-check the box, and they should be removed

Comment

Originally posted by Alienated Phreak View Post
                        Um, I don't really care about popups.

And about that red problem...
                        I think the main problem is that nobody can see the images you posted.
                        It requires people to sign up to Yahoo or something :/. But anyway, looks like someone got a solution for you .

Comment

Where do I go to search? I'm not seeing anything like that. And about the Flickr, sorry, I keep trying to change the settings, but I got an Image Shack account, so I'll upload the pictures there if Slad3's way doesn't work out. (I'm sure it'll work, if my computer doesn't act up like it usually does).

Comment

Look at the top in the content browser. there should be a thing that you can enter text into

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X