Maya Physx modeled clothing work in UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya Physx modeled clothing work in UDK

So I downloaded 2 videos on nvidia site talking about Physx after becomeing a licensed developer but it talks about UE3 and using 3ds Max in part to create cloth but mostly using animset I believe to do the simulation but anyways cant I create my entire clothing like shirt pants then combine it to my mesh and export then create the simulation using animset or the process you normally use for cloth have to see the vid again though but I can do this right

I also found out that APEX is mentioned in UDK already so I expect that once Apex is for Maya is released for private beta I can use it in UDK...but a 3ds Max version is out and I assume you can create APEX assets there and add to UDK but a license for phsyx is needed

Apex will be free for once it will be released (binaries only).

Anyway Cloth sim on skeletal meshes (playable characters), seems to be broken and there is no easy way to get it working. At least noone ever posted such way ;p.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
      Apex will be free for once it will be released (binaries only).

Anyway Cloth sim on skeletal meshes (playable characters), seems to be broken and there is no easy way to get it working. At least noone ever posted such way ;p.
      yea I thought as much becuz not many would know how to use it

Comment

The secret to make a text readable is to use , and .

Comment

Originally posted by Octo View Post
          The secret to make a text readable is to use , and .
          thnx that really added to the thread topic

Comment

also I found at GDC 2010 that CCP is using APEX in Dust 514 and they showed it off and how Dark Void using APEX Turbulance which is using dynamics in real time games such as fluid and dynamic particles dunno if this will be useable in UDK APEX implementation though

Comment

Working...
            X