Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to start a new level NOT for UT?

Hello

I am pretty new and I am wondering how can I start a new scene (level....) in UDK which is not targeted to be played in UT3? In almost every tutorial and book I can find they always target UT3 for the game to be published on, what if I want to make a brand new game which is action adventure, 3rd person camera and let's say the fights are with swords, how can I start for that?

thanks
    A

Program your own game type.

Comment

You .. uh.. just do it. The question really doesn't make sense, because there's no difference in the level creation. I think you need to be a lot more specific with your questions, if you want help, but you should also probably run through the Documentation link on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
        You .. uh.. just do it. The question really doesn't make sense, because there's no difference in the level creation. I think you need to be a lot more specific with your questions, if you want help, but you should also probably run through the Documentation link on top.

Wee, I will be looking through the documentation, as a matter fact I am following tuts and books, I am just wondering, how can I start a level with is not intended for a 1st person shooter, when you click the "play in the editor" it automatically assumes it's a 1st person game for UT3, doesn't it? I am just wondering is that default settings or can i somehow change it or...

thx

Comment

Put a new camera there and over ride the default one then. Takes like ten minutes.

Comment

That is not what liva means.

Live you've got to program your game either with UnrealScript or Kismet.

I think the 3dbuzz videos on UDN show that with Kismet. TopDownGame right? Take a look there.

Comment

Hourences tutorial. Plus writing your own gameinfo code.

Comment

@liva

well, you don't really make the games for UT3, but ut is a game made by epic with exactly this engine, so they give you some ut content like mats, tex, meshes, scripts, and all to give you examples of what is possible and you shouldn't think this is all to do with ut just because it is named "Unreal" ...because the engine itself is named "Unreal"...so its just the name...and if you look on youtube, you see there are lots of projects like RPGs, RTSs, adventure games...

Comment

Thank you all guys, I got what i needed to know, I think I am gonna carry on with all the tuts and books and once I am done, i will start making a non 1st person game level and come back here with my problems....

A

Comment

Working...
                  X