• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    got it, thanks Blade.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no, it's whatever you want it to be.

1 uu is 1 uu. Sound falloff is written on a scale where it works reasonably well for 1uu = 2cm scale, but it's certainly not mathematically accurate.

1 uu is whatever you want it to be. But, if you make it anything other than approx 1-3 uu, you're going to need to radically change some default values.

The default UTPawn movement values and gravities and such are on a 1 uu = 2cm scale.

But, again, you can use -any- scale you want, since it's primarily whatever you build to that scale, determines what the scale of everything is.

So, it's as accurate as your modelling is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DannRees View Post
    1uu=2cm
    is it exactly 2cm? Like 2.00000000cm for example? Would a measurement over 45 miles across still be accurate?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by elmuerte View Post
    Yes you can scale it to arbitrary values, and yes that does imply you need to conform the usage of scale you used.

Yes sure that's more like it, I should work on use of positivism instead of "no you cant". You can change it any way you want if keep in mind unchangable aspects and work around them. Should be quite easy.

And to treat 1 UU = 1 cm shoudn't be noticeable at all I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kevin31 View Post
    Source
    1 UU is indeed equal to 2 cm...
    Thanks for that! Glad to see I wasnt really doing it completely wrong as they say most licencees use 1uu=1cm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Source
    1 UU is indeed equal to 2 cm...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eAlex79 View Post
    And it's not like you can scale UU to arbitrary values. If you think it in 1 UU = 2 KM all values are wrong. Gravity, sound falloff, whatnot else.
    Yes you can scale it to arbitrary values, and yes that does imply you need to conform the usage of scale you used.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's on the UDN page on that topic, if I remeber right with an example of the sound fall off native code header. Search for it there I'm lazy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I see, where did you learn this information? I'd like to have a read

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes Danrees, that is right insofar as Max displays it's units as CM this way, and UDK displays the same value in UU, but still the scaling of the values like sound falloff and gravity aso are 1 UU = 2 cm. For UDK those values are hardcoded as you can't change the native code.

If you now ignore that and start building a level say in space, where you assume 1 UU = 10 km, the behaviours aren't anywhere near right anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eAlex79 View Post
    According to docs and questioning the Forum 1 UU == 2 cm, so I guess all info in this thread is wrong.

And it's not like you can scale UU to arbitrary values. If you think it in 1 UU = 2 KM all values are wrong. Gravity, sound falloff, whatnot else.
    Really? Because when doing my cinematic I worked on 1cm = 1uu and everything matched up fine. Check the image. Box on right in the editor was imported from max.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DannRees View Post
    If your using 3dsmax 1cm = 1uu. I find this the easiest way to work. Remember to set the system units to centimetres though.
    Any unit in Max = 1 unreal unit. Doesn't matter if it's cm, meter, max arbitrary unit, feet, inch, whatever. One unit will always translate to one unreal unit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    According to docs and questioning the Forum 1 UU == 2 cm, so I guess all info in this thread is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks...yes I ment Unreal units. Sorry but I'm still learning how to set the unit to what ever I like. I apreciate your comments

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If your using 3dsmax 1cm = 1uu. I find this the easiest way to work. Remember to set the system units to centimetres though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X