Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    it's been doing this since the first udk

i'd guess where they got their stats that allowed them to figure out dropping Sm2 support wouldn't alienate us.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this check does crash servers without graphics cards tho (for dedicated servers)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah the IP that the browser accesses is different to the one the UDK compiler accesses, Id assume these two are different from any game login type server as well

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Every version of UDK Ive installed and compiled/ran, which is a majority of them, all bring up a warning for accessing an external IP in my zonealarm. Steam had been allowed this whole time so I dont think its internet access is limited to being through steam. Im going to assume the hardware survey is what causes the compiler to access the internet, maybe it is something else.
    Fair enough, but the start page on the editor is brought in from the net. I was speaking strictly of the line.
    Code:
    [0004.58] Log: Successfully upload UDK hardware survey to http://udkprofiler.epicgames.com/PostUDKSurveyHandler.ashx in 3.58 seconds.
    Which doesn't seem to appear in most of my log files. Perhaps just when I change the ini files ( which is why I thought it went away when I disabled steam, but it was just that I hadn't made any further changes to DefaultEngine.ini ).

In either case, I couldn't care less about sending in hardware information, it thinks my Phenom2 is a Dual Core Opteron anyway.

[0000.29] Init: NumLogicalProcessors: 4
    [0000.30] Init: CPUName: Dual-Core AMD Opteron

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Baracuda771 View Post
    I believe it's: "They're" not "Their".

Thank you, grammer Nazi!

It's hard to type on my iPod.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wizzard~Of~Ozz View Post
    I believe it only does it with Steam enabled. I did notice it, but can't find it in my logs now ( I set bSteamDisabled=True ).
    Every version of UDK Ive installed and compiled/ran, which is a majority of them, all bring up a warning for accessing an external IP in my zonealarm. Steam had been allowed this whole time so I dont think its internet access is limited to being through steam. Im going to assume the hardware survey is what causes the compiler to access the internet, maybe it is something else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CreativeCoding View Post
    Their sending my info?

I believe it's: "They're" not "Their".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe it only does it with Steam enabled. I did notice it, but can't find it in my logs now ( I set bSteamDisabled=True ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shambler View Post
    Could an opt-out for the hardware survey be added to the UDK installer?
    I noticed in the .log file that the UDK does an automatic hardware survey every day, which irks me a bit as it wasn't advertised in the installer or license.

Not a big deal, I just don't like programs automatically sending back (even completely innocuous) information unannounced

Their sending my info?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Hardware survey?

Hardware survey?

Could an opt-out for the hardware survey be added to the UDK installer?
    I noticed in the .log file that the UDK does an automatic hardware survey every day, which irks me a bit as it wasn't advertised in the installer or license.

Not a big deal, I just don't like programs automatically sending back (even completely innocuous) information unannounced
Working...
X