CD Key/Serial for finished UDK Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Key/Serial for finished UDK Games

Do created UDK Games come with a serial key?

I would like to prevent piracy if udk doesn't have that feature..

Im thinking about using the CD Key Generator that i found at CNET

http://download.cnet.com/CD-Key-Gene...html?tag=mncol

Let me know if you think its a waste of time....

thx in advance

You'll need to find / create a suitable system for your project. If you think this one can do the job, then by all means, implement it.

Comment

I've been looking for one as well. Not sure how I'd implement it like I want though.

Comment

read alot of reviews about it... So I decided to make a investment in the product... Its rated number one for a reason....

Comment

I don't know if I'd want to pay 20 dollars for it. Even with the key chances are it won't be that hard to get into. Are you just putting the key into the installer?

Comment

Originally posted by thejaguarmma View Post
            read alot of reviews about it... So I decided to make a investment in the product... Its rated number one for a reason....
            with only 6 votes

Comment

9 votes ELMUERTE.

Maybe you should go all out and get some TAGES or something. Most annoying registration system ever.

Comment

I'd use it for the installer.....

Would like to feel a lil safe knowing I have some type of protection..... Who knows I/You might have the next Blockbuster game...

Comment

I have protection too, but I'm just using a program on my calculator to generator random alphanumeric codes and uploading it as a .rtf file to use for the installer for the time being. Not sure how to get too much more into it other than that with the UDK, then again I haven't played much. It's not a very complicated thing to do, not sure why it costs that much.

Comment

I use protection as well. Hur hur.

I'd be interested in using a CDKey based DRM - mainly as all others seem overly invasive to me. Only other DRM i can think of is inbuilt ones, such as the ones in Steam and the upcoming Desura distribution platform.

Comment

Whatever makes the doll feel real bro.

I want to try and integrate the system into the game itself somehow, but the only way I can really think of doing it is through DLLBind and even with that I think I would be hard pressed to make anything work. That way you can install it, but in order for anything to run you would need to put the key in since installers can't be that hard to break in to. All you would need to do is get the list out of it, whereas if I could encrypt it with a different key inside the game itself it would at the very least make it hard to find, if not harder to crack. I'm not that worried about it since I'd be happy if I can get 500 copies out. Which would pay off some of my loans.

Comment

Have you heard of Setup Factory?

Anyone use this software yet?

Its close to $500.00 ..... i think i may get this one in a couple months......

Who else has tried other software that adds protection?

http://www.indigorose.com/setup-fact...setup-factory/

Comment

raknet has software for this..look it up

Comment

That doesn't look like anything special really. I wouldn't pay 500 dollars for it, there are free ones I've used that do fine.

Comment

Honestly, there's no system really secure, I wouldn't pay $500, knowing this could be cracked in 5 minutes.
                              Thing is, if your game isn't an AAA title, chances are, no one will care to crack it.
                              I thought about an online registration system, which would actually give acces to the game only if you allow it, manually.
                              It's not like you're gonna sell 100k copies I guess, even though I wish it would work like that

I remember of RealmCraft, was a pain in the *** to register, you'd have 2 codes, online registered and which would actually check your system and create a key, if you changed Motherboard or CPU you'd have to register again 'cause the system would be different. It's actually really good, but a pain in the *** for people who have no internet..since they couldn't play.

Comment

Working...
                              X