Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Develop Games for XBLA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Develop Games for XBLA

    UDK still isn't offering the ability to code games for Xbox Live Arcade yet are they? If so how does one go about accomplishing this

    /:}|

    #2
    You can use XNA (C# and DirectX) which allows you to publish to the Indie store. If your game looks good enough, you apply and they think it will make enough money they might publish it onto the Live Arcade store.

    Although UDK does not currently support consoles the engine does. If you made a game, impressed an MS rep enough to get accepted (and therefore get a devkit) you could probably sort out some type of license with Epic. (This is a guess, but they say they are happy to discuss full licenses with UDK users in the FAQ).

    Comment


      #3
      still you must prepare for atleast a 5 digit sum to pay. (starting above 10K for a minimum)

      Comment


        #4
        The standard UE3 license is $350,000.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by hscsguy View Post
          UDK still isn't offering the ability to code games for Xbox Live Arcade yet are they? If so how does one go about accomplishing this

          /:}|
          you maybe can but the game has to be 100MB or less or something and pass Microsoft test

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Rives View Post
            The standard UE3 license is $350,000.
            looks like 5 digits.^^

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Rives View Post
              The standard UE3 license is $350,000.
              $750,000 actually.

              but, that doesn't really matter in this case. For a custom/special license the price will be totally different from the regular pricing.

              I said, AT LEAST 5 digit, meaning it could go 6 or 7 for that matter.. but no less

              Comment


                #8
                No engine is cheap.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by saymoo View Post
                  $750,000 actually.

                  but, that doesn't really matter in this case. For a custom/special license the price will be totally different from the regular pricing.

                  I said, AT LEAST 5 digit, meaning it could go 6 or 7 for that matter.. but no less
                  [Citation Needed]

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Rives View Post
                    No engine is cheap.
                    Lies. No professional engine is cheap. Just indie engines and DarkBASIC.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
                      Lies. No professional engine is cheap. Just indie engines and DarkBASIC.
                      and unity


                      (it's amusing how the conversation is been pushed forward . MORE!)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I've always considered Unity an indie engine personally. Don't they have limitations that you can't have major publisher support for the license, or is it just 1200 no matter what?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X