I was wondering if it was hard to make a game like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I know it. I feel my purpose in this world is done, I hear that usually people will go insane when they attain that kind of knowledge. There is simply nothing else left for me to do, it's like climbing Everest or travelling through the North Pole to find Santa while riding a polar bear and carrying your pet penguin (I would name mine pwnguinness). After you do it, there is just no where else to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
    Maybe time consuming to learn, especially for you since you don't learn things overnight. But then again, what do I know?
    You know about black holes. That's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Then there's the scripting part, which is not so easy if you're not into it (and no offense, you don't strike me as the UnrealScript guru).
    Kismet works pretty well I've found. Not everything, but so far I really haven't had to touch UnrealScript at all. I mean I'll need to when I finalize it probably, but I don't think that I would actually HAVE to since everything works like I want it to.

And yes rednaz: I am mean to people. I want a quarter every time you copy me. I do however agree with you; you really weren't mean though. In response to "Rednaz, did you know that you don't learn something overnight?" Well actually you do. YOU might not, but it's not your fault if you were dropped or something. Like recently I read about black holes, it took me all of about twenty seconds to read a paragraph and I learned how black holes are made in twenty seconds or so. Now, if that time was at, say, 11:59:55 PM, I would have learned that overnight. But it was like a bit after noon so... not quite. And I will assume that because of how mean Rednaz was you will have learned what a signature is, which obviously you didn't before because you don't learn things overnight, and I have learned that there is someone else that makes it easy to joke about. For some reason no one seems to care though, I usually get a warning by now.

And no, I don't think that would be necessarily hard (in comparison to other things that are harder). Maybe time consuming to learn, especially for you since you don't learn things overnight. But then again, what do I know?

Also, there is an edit button there for a reason. It's on the left, by the Quote button.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Simple answer: yes it is possible.
    Why?
    Coz simplified it's just a "If event check for variable if yes then else that." like said. Work yourself through the Topdown-Game Video Tutorial by 3DBuzz and you will have the basic knowledge for how to achieve something like that without scripting.

I want to add that I didn't seen any reason to attack rednaz the way you did.
    Seemed for me like a normal help to understand why some have messages under their posts which don't really concern the thread.
    I would be thankful for people who are actually trying to help people.. especially in a new environment like you are.

but well. do what you like.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by miatthas View Post
    Rednaz, did you know that you don't learn something overnight? I'm sorry that that I didn't know about the signature thing. I bet you didn't like it when people were jerks to you when you were learning UDK. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.
    Have you never been to a forum at all ever? And people aren't rude to me when I ask questions, because I actually do my research before asking them (like you didn't) and I don't make stupid responses. Nice try though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, isn't that Harry Plopper? And by the font, that's Unreal Engine 1.

Regarding to your question...

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Yes, OP, you can do whatever you want in UDK. And anything that contains more than three sticks and a potato gun is relatively difficult for a one-man show. You've got assets which include 3D models, textures, sounds, etc. Then there's the scripting part, which is not so easy if you're not into it (and no offense, you don't strike me as the UnrealScript guru).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rednaz, did you know that you don't learn something overnight? I'm sorry that that I didn't know about the signature thing. I bet you didn't like it when people were jerks to you when you were learning UDK. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is what is called a signature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thankyou for the links above, but I really dont want to buy a bunch of characters. Plus that's not really what I was looking for. Thankyou anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do the 3Dbuzz "make an entire game tutorial located here and replace the keys with spells or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry the image links weren't right.

(Image 1)
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9904/clipboard01wk.jpg

(2)
    http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2...ipboard03i.jpg

(3)
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8839/clipboard02tr.jpg

(4)
    http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4...ipboard04h.jpg

Leave a comment:

• I was wondering if it was hard to make a game like this

This is a trunk

You can open it with spells you learn.

This is what's inside.

You learn different spells all over. You can't use a spell before you learn it, so if i didn't know the "trunk-unlocking" spell, the trunk would be useless.

This spell is the "cutting spell." It can cut things.

I want to be able to have a character walk around my map, learn spells and then be able to cast them them at things. I'm guessing you would do this with variables of some kind.

Please look at this as if you were a beginner, not a pro. If you don't have time to tell me what to do, then show me a tutorial that can.

Thank you so much. One day I'll be one of the helpers...
Working...
X