Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

I'm not sure if anyone has actually done this yet but I'd just like to say thanks to the guys over at Epic Games for giving the community the UDK, especially with such a great license for indie developers.

The UDK has so much potential and unlocks lots of doors for me. The toolset is easy to use, very powerful and fun to use. So a big thanks from me to the guys who've spent many hours coding the Unreal Engine. If I ever meet one of you in person I'll be sure to buy you a beer.

Originally posted by eXeC View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has actually done this yet but I'd just like to say thanks to the guys over at Epic Games for giving the community the UDK, especially with such a great license for indie developers.

The UDK has so much potential and unlocks lots of doors for me. The toolset is easy to use, very powerful and fun to use. So a big thanks from me to the guys who've spent many hours coding the Unreal Engine. If I ever meet one of you in person I'll be sure to buy you a beer.
    although where is a thanking thread.
    I /sign that

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=705717

But hey, I'm sure Epic aren't going to mind you thanking them!

Comment

Yeah, it really is a great initiative. I think it helps both Epic and the community, they get exposure for their engine and everyone gets a chance of utilizing their hard work. I'm all for efforts that shifts the focus from reinventing the wheel again and again, which all too often is the case in game programming. I hold Epic in a much higher regard after they released the kit.

And now it seems they have set an example for others to follow, as it looks like Crytek will do something similar. It's an exciting time for creativity (did that sound cheezy?)

Comment

Set 'em up barkeep, here's a round on me for Epic, eh?

Comment

Well since we are thanking Epic someone reminded me earlier to thank Epic for not using a month-day dating convention for their UDK releases. So yes...

Thank You very much Epic!

Comment

Working...
            X