Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDK download down,incoming May update maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they moved some hardware around, really. Why can't maintenance just be maintenance?

Comment

yeah but this is beyond maintenance. the whole server is A. completely offline or B they blocked the ports so no one can access it. maybe hard ware updates or server move.. not really sure but this was random and unexpected im sure.

Comment

yeah but this is beyond maintenance. the whole server is A. completely offline or B they blocked the ports so no one can access it. maybe hard ware updates or server move.. not really sure but this was random and unexpected im sure.
        Oooh,I think I've figured out what the guys at Epic are doing !
        They are testing XBOX 360 and or PS3 stuff !
        Now read carefully why I am saying this.

The guys at Epic use a mainstream server computer for their Internet connection and file hosting on their own website domain (www.UDK.com) .
        As we all know,the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 console-systems also have internet connection possibilities. To test these features,they would have to cut-off the connection of the internet from their mainstream server ports,because they now have to connect the internet-ports on the XBOX 360 or the PS3. So the mainstream server-data is not connected currently on the internet,that is why we can not access that data from www.UDK.com .
        That is why we are getting a blank screen when we try to access www.UDK.com .

I know for sure that these guys are testing some internet related features on the XBOX 360 and/or PS3 for the next (or second next) release of the UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Amstrad View Post
          Oooh,I think I've figured out what the guys at Epic are doing !
          They are testing XBOX 360 and or PS3 stuff !
          Now read carefully why I am saying this.

The guys at Epic use a mainstream server computer for their Internet connection and file hosting on their own website domain (www.UDK.com) .
          As we all know,the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 console-systems also have internet connection possibilities. To test these features,they would have to cut-off the connection of the internet from their mainstream server ports,because they now have to connect the internet-ports on the XBOX 360 or the PS3. So the mainstream server-data is not connected currently on the internet,that is why we can not access that data from www.UDK.com .
          That is why we are getting a blank screen when we try to access www.UDK.com .

I know for sure that these guys are testing some internet related features on the XBOX 360 and/or PS3 for the next (or second next) release of the UDK.
          no that surely isnt it

Comment

Hopeless... dreaming.

Comment

im sure 360 and ps3 use completely differnt ports than web server ( 80)... the server is offline the DNS is gone. you cant even look it up right now. as far as the internet is concerned the server doesn't exist. It has been down a long time for a hardware repair though. More than likely if they we testing xbox /ps3 stuff that would do that on internal servers they wouldn't do it on servers that has access to the outside world. ( leaks etc)

Comment

lol.. maintenance is maintenance guys.

Comment

@Jason: Paranoid much?

It's just maintenance, sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rives View Post
                    @Jason: Paranoid much?

It's just maintenance, sheesh.
                    yea its completely gone now

Comment

/facepalm

Comment

and it's back up again..

thread can be closed now. thanks and goodbye, see you in other threads.

Comment

Working...
                        X