Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZoneAlarm never remembers Swarmagent! (keeps bugging me every build i make)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NikSha View Post
    I use Comodo (replaced Avast and ZoneAlarm for me long time ago) and the simple solution when working with UDK is to set the firewall (simple right click on system tray) to Training Mode.

This means firewall lets Swarmagent through without any popups. Problem solved for me.
    Thanks for that man, that sounds good, How is it with CPU? I have dual core 3GHz processor, but AVG takes like 30-50% most of the time. I think I need to get a less resource hungry AV.

Comment

Originally posted by shuriken88 View Post
      Thanks for that man, that sounds good, How is it with CPU? I have dual core 3GHz processor, but AVG takes like 30-50% most of the time. I think I need to get a less resource hungry AV.
      What?! 30-50%?!?! Something is seriously wrong with either your AV or your system. AV should never take any resources, unless it's scanning on demand some bigass file.

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
        What?! 30-50%?!?! Something is seriously wrong with either your AV or your system. AV should never take any resources, unless it's scanning on demand some bigass file.
        I looked into this a while ago. Turns out its caused by the 'Watchdog' service or 'AVGRSX' (which is how it looks in taskman). Its a process that scans every file that the computer accesses, whenever it accesses it, which is half good, and half inconvenient as your trousers falling down in the middle of a crowded area. You can disable the watchdog thing, but theres obvious downsides to doing that (unless your disconnected from the net and using trusted files, then the service is kinda pointless). 50% seems to be the max, it never goes over that, but still 50 is WAY too much for smooth running, but I hate all those AV packages like Norton/Symantec, because they take over your whole computer like the FBI coming in and saying "we'll take it from here, you can go now".

Comment

Originally posted by shuriken88 View Post
          AVG is ****, has been for a long time and I replaced it with Avast (which I replaced with Comodo later on) because of resources issue as well.

As far as Comodo is concerned, with firewall and antivirus on (on access scan which scans new changed or opened files only) this is what I get:

Computer has been on for a day and 58 mins and I have so far run UDK, 3dsMax, Foobar, Opera and Borderlands over and over again (some other background apps are still running). I am on Win7 x64 with AMD 64 X2 5200+ and 6 GB DDR2.

You can of course read about Comodo more on Wikipedia. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X