Can we get rid of Bink with scaleform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get rid of Bink with scaleform?

I mean, all I know right now is that it lets your use flash with UDK to make objects on the screen. So, will we be able to use flash to import our movies instead of using Bink (with it's annoying logo)?

Scaleform doesn't really use Flash... it just lets you use Flash's development tools.

... that said, the answer to your question depends on if they include Scaleform Video.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
      Scaleform doesn't really use Flash... it just lets you use Flash's development tools.
      Wait, what?

I have Flash CS4. If I were to create something, say, a HUD. Will I be able to export from Flash to the UDK?

Comment

thats seems the process create in photoshop/flash then work on in in Gfx

Comment

Originally posted by CreativeCoding View Post
          Wait, what?

I have Flash CS4. If I were to create something, say, a HUD. Will I be able to export from Flash to the UDK?
          Yeah, but the rendering engine has nothing to do with Adobe... it's just modeled after Flash... very closely after Flash.

Comment

Yeah, but the rendering engine has nothing to do with Adobe... it's just modeled after Flash... very closely after Flash.
            Wait, wait, wait.

I thought that scaleform was going to let use integrate Flash and use it WITH udk.

is this wrong?

Comment

It has specific features for games that aren't in flash, but you can use flash entirely to create what you want. (Actionscript 2 for now until they upgrade later this year).

But there's extra options you can do with the flash with GFX (or you can use it straight)

Comment

You can basically say it's Flash -- but it's not really. Neither Adobe, Macromedia, etc. had anything to do with it.

... basically the way to explain it is -- really only lawyers could tell the difference.

Comment

You can basically say it's Flash -- but it's not really. Neither Adobe, Macromedia, etc. had anything to do with it.

... basically the way to explain it is -- really only lawyers could tell the difference.
                  wtf.

So, can I used Flashes tools?

Comment

It appears that no one answered the original question.

Comment

Actually we did answer it, it depends on if Scaleform Video is included.

As for using Flash's tools? Already said, yep.

Comment

Actually we did answer it, it depends on if Scaleform Video is included.

As for using Flash's tools? Already said, yep.

Oh that's good. I was confused about it!

Comment

Yeah that's fine, I didn't really answer either question clearly to be honest.

Comment

Scaleform video is not included with the GFx integration. Bink is still the solution for displaying video in your game.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

It no longer depends

Comment

Working...
                              X