Advice-What step to take next? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice-What step to take next? :)

Hello everyone, i've recently downloaded, installed UDK and edited the ModEditPackages=MyMod" config.

Now all the contents of UDK are a little overwhelming would anyone be able to
    give advice on what i need to do next to basically learn and understand how each program works?

Thanks

refer to the documentation, please.

Comment

No because the documentation is catered to someone who has experience and knowledge in the system, not someone who has literally taken interest and wants ADVICE.

Comment

go find the video tutorials and watch them, or even watch mine

start simple and then keep going

ps: for content creation watch some tof the UT3 videos

Comment

There's also the "Mastering Unreal Technology" duo. Those things are a gold-mine.

Comment

"mastering unreal technology" i think im going to have to purchase them both, i've heard positive reviews of them. Im wanting to get a head start on the course im starting at university in September.

Oh and geoday i'll take a look at your vids, thanks in advance

Comment

carefull with those mastering unreal books, a LOT of it doesnt work in udk, but also lots of usefull stuff in there
              the 3dbuz tuts are a good starting point to introduce you to the engine
              and of course geodavs tuts when you feel ready to make your own content
              best advice is to start small, concentrate on a particular area, then mess with another
              udk is an incredibly vast playground, have fun

Comment

Working...
              X