Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing default in-game Camera?

Hey guys,

I want to get a fixed camera to follow a player vehicle in-game (no mouselook or camera mouse movement). I've found out how to attach a camera to a bone/socket on the car, but how do you tell the game engine to make this new camera the default player view?

I'm sure this is something really basic but I have no idea where to look / what to do. Can someone point me in the right direction in getting this to work?

Thanks,
    Rez

Just override it by telling the game to switch to that camera. There are a bunch of tutorials on it on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
      Just override it by telling the game to switch to that camera. There are a bunch of tutorials on it on Youtube.
      I figured that there'd be an override.

I've been looking on Youtube and all i'm finding is Matinee tutorials and stuff involving cutscenes. Do you have links to any specific tutorials? I've been searching but coming up with nothing.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4ynbokaoc

Here is an example of a fairly popular Kismet solution.

Basically, use a "Level loaded/player spawned/etc." event, then Set Camera Target and Attach to Actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper_Shado View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4ynbokaoc

Here is an example of a fairly popular Kismet solution.

Basically, use a "Level loaded/player spawned/etc." event, then Set Camera Target and Attach to Actor.
          Thanks for the link Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work at all for vehicles, and even though Max Trigger Count is set to 0, respawing in the level resets to the default camera.

Attaching the camera to the player sort of works, but the vehicle judders around noticable when driving which looks awful.

I'm trying other solutions but there are hardly any suggestions - vehicle topics are so poorly covered for the UDK it's a wonder how anyone can get them working at all.

-Rez

Comment

Working...
          X