Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Sprinting?

Hello,
    Is there anyway to make the walk into a run in UDK when using the pre packaged character setup or is this something that needs some coding? If so, can you point me in the right direction either way (weblink, personal example, tutorial, etc)? I made a really large level and have found it a bit daunting to trot across it the way the character does and would really like to be able to sprint if I want to. I know the characters in GOW can sprint so I know it's possible. Any advice?

yes as a matter of fact there is its quite simple and thanks to some fellows on the codeing board which is where you should have posted this ^^ i can share that with you.

event SetWalking( bool bNewIsWalking )
    {
    if ( bNewIsWalking )
    { // left shift held
    GroundSpeed = 650; // run speed
    } else
    { // left shift released
    GroundSpeed = 250; // walk speed
    }
    bIsWalking=false;

defaultproperties

{
    WalkingPct=0.5

bAvoidLedges=false
    bStopAtLedges=false
    bAllowLedgeOverhang=true
    bCanWalkOffLedges=true

}
    this all goes in your pawn class. it should work as is.

Comment

You could probably do it in Kismet by increasing the character speed when a key is pressed, or change the default speed of the character.

Or do that ^ which is probably easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Orindoomhammer View Post
        yes as a matter of fact there is its quite simple and thanks to some fellows on the codeing board which is where you should have posted this ^^ i can share that with you.

this all goes in your pawn class. it should work as is.
        Thanks a lot! Didn't know where to post this particular question. Thanks for the tip, I will try that forum first next time for something like this!

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
          You could probably do it in Kismet by increasing the character speed when a key is pressed, or change the default speed of the character.

Or do that ^ which is probably easier.
          Thank you as well I will take this advice in to consideration also.

Comment

just so you know theres a missing } after bIsWalking=false;

Comment

Originally posted by DJMidknight View Post
              just so you know theres a missing } after bIsWalking=false;
              Wow, now you see I wouldn't have known that....my hats off to you. I am humbled. Thank you very much for taking the time and saving my head from slamming against the wall

Comment

If you wanna get fancy, tell the game to increase the player's ground speed by
                so much over time up to a certain speed while the sprint button is being pressed. then tell it slow down by a certain amount over time down to its original speed.

Comment

Working...
                X