Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

How can I make the little guy shoot to the front instead of down?
    Thank you in advance for your time. Cheers.

Your pointing down...

He shoots where you point...

Comment

You could probably remove the character's Z rotation somehow.

Comment

dont do the camera in kismet first of all. there are plenty of plugand play style codes that you can adopt to your game. it takes a bit more work then useing kismet but it will ensure that your going to get what your looking for.

kismet is for level scripting mostly to lay down rules for the level not really great for building games with. it can be done but there not exactly going to be what you want.

Comment

I've been using for some things, it's good for placeholding so that you don't need to do a ton of scripting to set stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
            You could probably remove the character's Z rotation somehow.
            this would not work as the gun shoots to the crosshairs no matter where its looking. you need to script a new system for it. me im using UT2d as a base to learn from. i just started really getting n to the scripting about a week ago and i already have alot accomplished.

Comment

First of all, thank you all for the responses. I get it now, Kismet is bad to build a game, it is good only to establish some "ground rules".

Here's the thing, I don't know any programing language, so I'm going to need that you guys point me some useful tutorials for Unrealscript and so on.

BTW, where can I get that UT2d source code or something like that so I can study it and adapt to a game of mine?

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VideoTutorials.html

In case you have not seen... near the bottom

Top-down Game Type: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/us..._down_game.zip (25 videos)

Comment

Working...
                X