Need to be motivated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Walnut, as for your MMO project, google ryzom open source, you might find it interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I knew where you lived I could break in and threaten you. Generally I think that motivates people to do things.

I get bored all the time too, which is why I have like six projects all the time. Right now, Empire City, US History, Project Sylvanus, the MMO that we need to decide on an engine for to work on the server code, an RTS/FPS (that is getting no where), and a bunch of plugins for 3DS Max (that well never get done because once I start getting the new version down, they come out with a new f*cking one).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea i usually keep record of a to-do list that keeps me active with my projects.
    Also, note things down like player is too fast, slow it down lol....or something like that

EDIT: Something's wrong with your pic btw.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Set specific goals and meet them

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Need to be motivated!

Need to be motivated!

So, I am creating a game called Radke. It's just me working on it, and so far, it's ****. The only thing I got done (sorta) is the dialog. Basically, level 1 as well as an outline for level 2. But every time I go into udk thinking about creating the level, I completely get bored and quit. I get bored because it looks like **** at first and I start to have doubts...

Here is a pic of level 1:
    [SHOT]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4901/sadrawr.png[/SHOT]

So far I have made some fog, lights, basic meshes, a mountain that the player has to escape from, a Matinee showing the mountain, and a basic tutorial on how to play.

So, what should I do to keep motivated and working?
Working...
X