Crowd problem with the 3d buzz tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd problem with the 3d buzz tutorial

Hi guys, i'm trying to do a simple level with crowd. I'm looking the 3d buzz tutorial, but i have a problem.

In the tutorial there is a option (Agent Archetype) into the UT crowd spawner event. But in my udk (april 2010) there isn't this option. But there is crowd agent list option, but i can't set any object and i see always the string: None.

So how can i set an agent to spawn in my level?

tyyy for all and sorry for my english :S

I am also having this problem any help is appreciated

Comment

The most up to date information on the crowd system is in the UDN documentation at http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CrowdSystem.html .

Comment

Problem Sort of Solve

I was having the exact same problem (I assume) and found that the problem with the video had more to do with the way the archetype was defined than with the missing variable in the properties box.

Solution:

In the Content Browser select the "ExampleCrowdList" Archetype and then add this into the "Crowd Agent List" property box in Kismet. Your crowd should now load.

I haven't played much with changing the agents, and I haven't managed to get a custom archetype to work (its next on my list) but this is a quick fix that works

Comment

The 3d buzz Crowd tutorial works fine provided you are or willing to use "2009 Version of UDK". See the (.RAR)screens below for extra shots.

My question to EPIC and the community in general is this:
          a) Why is it that after UDK2010 through the most recent releases,the "Crowd Systems" is
          an issue???. I decided to find out by installing "2009 Version" for example;well there it
          is. We (the community need up-to-date "Crowd Systems" Video tutorial.Everywhere I
          searched, users having the same issue (not working)!.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Working...
          X