Custom Collison Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Collison Images

Is this what the custom collision blocking volumes are supposed to look like and is this how they should be set up to export into the UDK? Also, can someone tell me the 3 letter acronym to use when exporting the custom collision through ActorX?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the image from a different angle. I previously imported the object and its textures into UDK and they look as they should however there is no collision so I am attempting to create blocking volumes like someone described in a previous thread. The only thing is that this is my first attempt and I want to see if I can get some professional tips on the setup and execution. Thanks for any help.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I do believe the acronym would be UCX_. You'll find amore in depth explanation here:UDN Collision Reference

Comment

Thank you. I am importing now and will reply back with my findings.

Comment

In reading the documentation it appears that I can't have the contoured shapes of the hallways. It seems that I will need to redo these using single straight cube shapes running along the wall instead of the way I have it set up here.

Comment

Yeah, your not allowed concave shapes, and in general its better to stick with cubes. And the name tag you want to use is MCDCX_
            Also, all your collision hulls are intersecting, this isnt really a great idea as it can cause the collision to not to work. You would probably be better of splitting this game system into 4-5 different pieces and setting up collision for them seperatly and importing them into unreal seperatly.

Comment

Originally posted by myleslambert View Post
              Yeah, your not allowed concave shapes, and in general its better to stick with cubes. And the name tag you want to use is MCDCX_
              Also, all your collision hulls are intersecting, this isnt really a great idea as it can cause the collision to not to work. You would probably be better of splitting this game system into 4-5 different pieces and setting up collision for them seperatly and importing them into unreal seperately.
              Hey thanks. I did split them and imported them and they work perfectly. I did use the UCX extension however since I had done this prior to reading your post but I wanted to thank you for the information anyway. I will try the MCDCX next time to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X