teleporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teleporting

can you teleport from a subtractive map to an additive and vice versa? Or does anyone know of any other ways to get from one map to the other?

You have three options.

You can stream levels using Kismet or via Distance. In this case, sub levels should be built using the additive method, or you may get visibility issues.

You can seamless travel between levels. It doesn't matter how levels are built since only one level can be displayed at once.

You can travel between levels. Same as seamless travel.

Comment

i dont suppose you know of any tutorial videos on how to do these things, do you? it would be a huge help.

Comment

Could you not simulate a subtractive level within an additive one, by making a large BSP area, which you can carve out of? Just suggesting that it might work in theory, not sure how well though.

Comment

i would of done but i've already built the levels and dont have time to change them.

Comment

After creation there is no difference between an additive and subtractive level. A subtractive level simply has a solid box the size of the level created automatically. You can modify or remove this.

Comment

so how can you load a level from inside another. do you of any tutorials i could look at?

Comment

The UDN has documentation about streaming levels.

The UDN also has a great search function.
                http://udn.epicgames.com/search/?q=stream+level brought up great results.

Comment

this is exactly the sort of stuff i need. thanks alot guys

Comment

Working...
                  X