I have a question about - SandStorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question about - SandStorm

In the SandStorm Level, When I play it, I can see this...

I don't know how to do that...

Can anyone help me???

(I have try to add the pathnode, playerstart and pathNodeVolumn like SandStorm level... I need to set another things???)

Thanks a lot.

Uhh... are they dynamic or do they just point you into that rock there?

Comment

i think he's referring to the markers that refer to where you're supposed to be going. I know they are drawn in the HUD, but other than that, I don't know how you achieve getting them.

Comment

Oh, they're not just meshes? It just looks like they're lights going into the rock to me.

You would need to script something that will take into account where the player is and make a line to the objective. No idea what you would use to actually do that, it wouldn't be player start because it should be dynamically generated based on where the player is positioned. As to the details of how to make something like that I'm not sure, it would be a lot easier to use a compass system that just points it to the objective source or something.

Comment

Back in UT3 you just added path nodes and 2 flag's, then build your paths and viola. Can't see why it would be different now unless they are using pylons.

Comment

I think those arrows are generated in VCTF gametype? It's been forever since I've looked at that code, but I tink that's where I remember seeing it, in the VCTFHud

Comment

They called it WillowWhisp and are indeed meshes.

UTWillowWhisp.uc, its a particle emitter.

spawned in

UTPlayerController:

function SetAutoObjective(Actor ObjectiveActor, bool bOnlyNotifyDifferent)

UTTeamGame:
              function ShowPathTo(PlayerController P, int TeamNum)

The data refered in UTWilloWWhisp is: ParticleSystem'GamePlaceholders.Effects.P_WillowWh isp' and StaticMesh'GamePlaceholders.S_Willow_Wisp_Lead' is the actual mesh I found. it was hard to track it all the way back up. I still don't know how it works but its a start.

if anyone finds out how it works and why it is a particle system, please post it .

Comment

Originally posted by Piranhi View Post
                Back in UT3 you just added path nodes and 2 flag's, then build your paths and viola. Can't see why it would be different now unless they are using pylons.
                Sorry, Can you describe clearly about how to do that in UT3?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                X