Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevenchau View Post
    your mean is , can't speak any epic policy
    yes , I am stupid , because UDK not worth integrate DX10 , UDK not worth integrate Nvidia Apex, I like UE3 , but UDK can't increase anything.

I say again , I like UE3 , but DX10 , 11, and any nvidia effect , must use UE3 , UDK can't increase anything.
    Alright, stevenchau, since obviously you have the skill required to implement DX10, DX11, Apex, and other technologies that you have been demanding since you first wandered in here, but the only thing you lack is a 750k engine license ... then you obviously have the skill required to write your own engine, since those would probably be of the most difficult sorts of things. And if you don't want to waste your time doing that, there are plenty of open source game engines, that you could download the source code to, and implement DX10, DX11, Apex, and everything else you want.

So, hop to it, because the only thing stopping you is the cost, right?

You don't get full dx10, dx11, apex, etc, just by having a license. You still have to write all the code to make it work. And you need the insane hardware required to make it work, too. And the skill to use it properly.

Comment

I have no idea what the hell he's talking about again. Can someone translate?

Comment

He's just complaining about how UDK doesn't have the features he wants and he can't extend it to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenchau View Post
          your mean is , can't speak any epic policy
          yes , I am stupid , because UDK not worth integrate DX10 , UDK not worth integrate Nvidia Apex, I like UE3 , but UDK can't increase anything.

I say again , I like UE3 , but DX10 , 11, and any nvidia effect , must use UE3 , UDK can't increase anything.
          Wait... were you the same guy talking about Beast for the GI solver thing?

Ok saying that UDK CAN'T handle it is completly ridiculous... How do you know? Did you help compile it? Did Epic tell you that personally?

And even though you do have a SMALL point about the actual UE3 having the new things, you can't say that UDK won't (or already doesn't ) have it.

I'm sure Epic's well aware of these new things because DX11 was released with Windows 7 in October of last year... I'm sure by the August (or maybe sooner) we'll start seeing some DX11 stuff. NVIDIA's suppose to be coming out with a slightly cheaper 400 series card sometime this summer... (460?).

You really don't sound like you like this engine anyway... There is another engine that has FULL DX11 support, you just have to pay like 25k... for an indie licensee to use it.

I'll stick with UDK as it can turn out some really nice results and I think they will integrate DX11 into it sooner or later. (maybe later but meh)

Comment

Working...
          X