Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirectX 11... need I say more?

...Ys I think I do.

Ok ok I'm sure we all know what kind of post this is... a "ARGH ME WANT DX11 FEATURE IN UDK NAO!!!" thread....

But in reality I know that'd be a impatiant thing to ask. I know Epic's working hard on this as well as many other projects.

but I'm wondering will we be able to use the DX11 features in the (somewhat near) future within the UDK... including Apex and the tesilation of polygons and dynamic hair and all those great things?

Ok that's about it.

Any thoughts, comments?

What do you guys think about the GFX cards and DX11 in general?

Is it worth the upgrade to a new card right now or should I (we, you) wait till later when it's more widely accepted?

I'm not going to, since I'm still using XP for most things because I hate Vista and have been too lazy to get 7. And I don't want to pay much for it since it's doubtful many things are going to use it. Besides I have a really good card right now, I don't want to spend another 500 dollars to get an equal DX11 one. I kind of want to get a Tesla too, I need it more I think.

Comment

Given that less than 50% of the market are on Dx10 compatible systems, Dx11 is the absolute least of my worries at the moment.

Comment

Still, it would be nice to be prepared, and seeing what the new line of cards can do, well... I'm salivating.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that DX12 will come out soon, and then you'll get to waste another a few hundred dollars for something that most people will be unable to use then too. I mean yeah in a few years when it's more common, probably, but there's no sense in getting it while in preproduction like most all of us are in.

Comment

DX11 doesn't add much tbh, the big feature, tesellation is nice, but has a very minimal impact on the overall visual presentation. It's not like the jump from no normal maps to normal maps. As noted by amber, it's also not very prevalent so... shrug. There's a million more interesting things to see support for (e.g. Scaleform) than something that effectively LOD's for you.

Comment

Hmm I just noticed something... I think UDK already kind of supports SX11...

GPUTessellationFactor
              How much the GPU should tessellate the fluid grid. (Only used on platforms that completely supports GPU tessellation)
              So it'd be neat if they added a full wavy water surface.

Comment

That's not DX11 that's just adding triangles to the terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcube017 View Post
                  ...Ys I think I do.

Ok ok I'm sure we all know what kind of post this is... a "ARGH ME WANT DX11 FEATURE IN UDK NAO!!!" thread....

But in reality I know that'd be a impatiant thing to ask. I know Epic's working hard on this as well as many other projects.

but I'm wondering will we be able to use the DX11 features in the (somewhat near) future within the UDK... including Apex and the tesilation of polygons and dynamic hair and all those great things?

Ok that's about it.

Any thoughts, comments?

What do you guys think about the GFX cards and DX11 in general?

Is it worth the upgrade to a new card right now or should I (we, you) wait till later when it's more widely accepted?

yes, this is Fantastic , I have ask this in 2mouth ago , but now , I talk to you , this is unreal ( not real) , because integrate DX10 / 11 , and APEX , you must give 750 000 USD lisence fee , this is UE3 and epic core value , recompile the sourse code , you can update your UE3 support DX10 / 11 / 12/ 13 ... and Nvidia physX (APEX) and iPhone / windows Phone 7 model , but ... first must give epic 750 000 usd , really , the free version never never integrate DX10 , this is country policy.

or you can choose the free version , UDK , but only only 700MB software sourse to make your game , because you haven't give 750 000 USD ^_^.

ok , may I use other way to say : " Because the DX10 is very low efficiency , and DX11 is immature , example fluid particle , today , the computer performance is can't realtime render the effect , so UDK no need integrate DX10 and some DX11 effect . "
                  this is usually answer . you , never get real answer , this is country policy.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenchau View Post
                    yes, this is Fantastic , I have ask this in 2mouth ago , but now , I talk to you , this is unreal ( not real) , because integrate DX10 / 11 , and APEX , you must give 750 000 USD lisence fee , this is UE3 and epic core value , recompile the sourse code , you can update your UE3 support DX10 / 11 / 12/ 13 ... and Nvidia physX (APEX) and iPhone / windows Phone 7 model , but ... first must give epic 750 000 usd , really , the free version never never integrate DX10 , this is country policy.

or you can choose the free version , UDK , but only only 700MB software sourse to make your game , because you haven't give 750 000 USD ^_^.

ok , may I use other way to say : " Because the DX10 is very low efficiency , and DX11 is immature , example fluid particle , today , the computer performance is can't realtime render the effect , so UDK no need integrate DX10 and some DX11 effect . "
                    this is usually answer . you , never get real answer , this is country policy.
                    Are you really that stupid? Epic is a company, they will not implement something that is not worth it at this point. You should be glad you even get anything for free.

Anyway you seem to not like UE at all so why dont you do us all a favor and stop spamming this forum with useless comments, go make your own engine you can do anything you like there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcen View Post
                      Are you really that stupid? Epic is a company, they will not implement something that is not worth it at this point. You should be glad you even get anything for free.

Anyway you seem to not like UE at all so why dont you do us all a favor and stop spamming this forum with useless comments, go make your own engine you can do anything you like there.
                      He is... UDK already supports DX10.

@stevechau: Then.... Have you ever played arkhan asylum on an nVidia GT280 x2 system? Or Dirt 2 on an ATI HD5XXX??? So... yes.. pc can use realtime DX11

Comment

Originally posted by fladur View Post
                        He is... UDK already supports DX10.

@stevechau: Then.... Have you ever played arkhan asylum on an nVidia GT280 x2 system? Or Dirt 2 on an ATI HD5XXX??? So... yes.. pc can use realtime DX11
                        this is UE3 , no UDK , DX10 , 11 , 12 , 13... only UE3 .

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcen View Post

your mean is , can't speak any epic policy
                          yes , I am stupid , because UDK not worth integrate DX10 , UDK not worth integrate Nvidia Apex, I like UE3 , but UDK can't increase anything.

I say again , I like UE3 , but DX10 , 11, and any nvidia effect , must use UE3 , UDK can't increase anything.

Comment

Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Development Kit are more or less the same, with the notable exception that Unreal Development Kit is just a compiled release of the engine.

There is no difference. Stop saying things when you don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
                              Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Development Kit are more or less the same, with the notable exception that Unreal Development Kit is just a compiled release of the engine.

There is no difference. Stop saying things when you don't know what you are talking about.
                              I agree fully, it's starting to become quite annoying to see people talk about things as fact when they don't even get half of it right.

Comment

Working...
                              X