Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You must "bake" a full 3DSMax render to an image. This will basically "paint" the entire surface onto an image, which can then be mapped onto the model with UV coordinates. To make it look pretty, you'll want to use UV "seams" so that the UV coordinates are placed in a very efficient, very clean way. It's easier than it sounds though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Slade.

I now know how to import textures into UDK, BUT, what if its a downloaded model which already has a texture applied to it (in 3DS Max)... how would I extract it from the model? And also, if I do get the texture into UDK, wouldn't it be out of place on the model, like not aligning properly...? And finally, what if a model has more than 1 texture applied to it? for example, a model which is made up of 3 different parts, and 3 different textures applied to each part.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Save it under tga, or bmp(I think) then import it into the udk.

See here for more details on that
    UDN-Texture

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please.. ? anyone?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Materials

Materials

If I have a 3D model in 3DS Max and it has a texture applied to it (e.g. a bathtub with a dirty/rusty texture), how would I then get the texture from 3DS Max and into UDK?

I know how to import the 3D model itself, I don't know how to get the texture along with it though... do I have to import the texture in separately and then UV map it or something? If so, how do I do that?

All comments are welcome and are appreciated.

Thank you.
Working...
X