April UDK Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I just installed the April UDK on a Windows 7 64-bit system to try it out. Unfortunately, while demo games can be launched, starting the editor (either from the Windows 7 menu or by starting UnrealFrontEnd) results in a hard systems crash -- Ctrl-Alt-Del is not possible, the rotating blue cursor stops. The system has to be rebooted. There is a log file under UDKGame>Logs called "Launch" but it is 0 bytes.

The symptom is that the editor window opens up but then is blank, and the cursor
    freezes, and the system must be rebooted.

System: Windows 7 64 bit, 4 cores, 12GB memory, latest nVidia drivers downloaded today (for nVidia 295).

I'll wait until the May release of UDK for this W7 system. Has anyone else noted a problem in launching the editor ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir. Polaris View Post
    /me watches as the printer prints fire

Look ma' I'm running lightmass!
    lolol xD
    And that would be really bad news for me cause it's my gf's printer... lol xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    /me watches as the printer prints fire

Look ma' I'm running lightmass!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    Sounds like it was trying to query your printer as a networked device to see if it was also running lightmass xD
    Let's print the lightmaps lol xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds like it was trying to query your printer as a networked device to see if it was also running lightmass xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just fell on a really weird issue.
    I plugged my printer earlier today for printing a couple of docs for the team. Since then every time I tried to run lightmass the pc went down to a blue screen of death.
    After some head scratching, by unplugging the printer everything worked fine. Not a big deal but just a report in case the info is useful to Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was starting to think that speedtree will never work on a win7 x64 system...but now it's finally functional. Many thanks to whoever threw down the fix!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
    you're making a modern Lode Runner?! awesome
    yes i'm remaking the oldiest lode runner

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found an error and something what would be an error or a mistake.

When you reimport static meshes from an FBX file it overlays the old geometry with the new one instead of clearing that out first. That breaks the reimport feature completly.

Then in the new GDC demo level, when you shoot a static mesh that waves around the weapon decal is fixed while the plant stays waving.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    updated drivers and it still doesnt work
    window 7 x64 nvidia gtx 260m

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    ohhhhhh!!!!
    speed tree modler still doesnt work!
    cant you just include that eyecommon fix in the release?
    He didn't work with the March bĂȘta, but now the speedtree on april bĂȘta work fine for me. Check your drivers !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ohhhhhh!!!!
    speed tree modler still doesnt work!
    cant you just include that eyecommon fix in the release?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you're making a modern Lode Runner?! awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    geodav himself!, thanks for advice man I have learned a lot form you over the pass year, I found out the issue, it seems that one of the recent updates switched from using UTSimHovercraft or something like that to UDKSimHoverCraft so that was causing unseen issues. fixed now. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you, when i have changed the -editpackages loderunner for +editpackages loderunner the udk has recognized my custom classes and my custom folders, thank you Wizzard~Of~Ozz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X