April UDK Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    That was my thought as well. I thought some of the trees and bushes was speedtree at first.
    Some of them are... That's the cool thing about April's Beta.

Comment

did you get your custom Vehicles to Work my are not Spawning / not showing up, the vehicle factory's are there but when i run the game the Vehicles never show up. does anyone have a similar issue or have any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
        Some of them are... That's the cool thing about April's Beta.
        I know there are speedtrees as well, but I was making a remark to the static meshes.

Comment

did you get your custom Vehicles to Work my are not Spawning / not showing up, the vehicle factory's are there but when i run the game the Vehicles never show up. does anyone have a similar issue or have any advice?
          check your launch.log for errors

Comment

Cascade/MaterialEditor Problems

With the new release cascade doesn't seem to want to display any emitter modules, and the material editor is completely blank, but both still display a working preview window.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              I know there are speedtrees as well, but I was making a remark to the static meshes.
              Indeed the static meshes at the specified map look much better than the speedtree actors.
              I wish I had the time to create my trees the static mesh way but.. No luck of time to be wasted when you have an indie team.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
                Indeed the static meshes at the specified map look much better than the speedtree actors.
                I wish I had the time to create my trees the static mesh way but.. No luck of time to be wasted when you have an indie team.

http://vimeo.com/5375898

Comment

Originally posted by razvanab View Post
                  Thanks Razvanab! Quite useful info!

Comment

Originally posted by polemos View Post
                    Are you using code from UTGame? If you use the UDKVehicleFactory, it doesn't even have the reference to SkeletalMesh=.

I see no way you can remove UTGame from the config files AND use vehicles in the April build, unless you replace about 10 classes from UTGame.

Comment

Fixed cascade and material editor problems. GPU driver update is a must for the April update.

Comment

i have downloaded the april release and i have installed it, all works just fine, but i can't configure my old projects files in this release, i have change the defaultgameudk.ini and the defaultengineudk.ini to point my custom clases in my custon folder in the development folder, but when i try to recompile it, the compiler is not looking my custom folder and classes, the compiler only recompile all the udk classes, what files i need to modify to point to my custom classes ?

thank you in advance for the help.

Comment

When you ask a question, please include all relevant information. Information like the custom directory layout you created, and the .ini entries to changed.

Comment

my custom folder is called loderunner, is in:

C:\UDK\UDK-2010-04\Development\Src\loderunner

these are my classes in my custom folder

LizardPawn
                            loderunnerHUD
                            loderunnerInfo
                            loderunnerPawn
                            loderunnerPlayerController
                            SeqAct_AddPlayerLives
                            SeqAct_AddScorePoints

and i have modified this ini files:

defaultEngineUDk.ini

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
                            -EditPackages=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks
                            -EditPackages=loderunner (this i have added)

DefaultGameUDK.ini

[Engine.GameInfo]
                            DefaultGame=loderunner.loderunnerInfo
                            DefaultServerGame=loderunner.loderunnerInfo
                            PlayerControllerClassName=loderunner.loderunnerPla yerController
                            DefaultGameType="loderunner.loderunnerInfo";

and i have tried changing only the DefaultGame, but nothing happend.

Comment

-EditPackages? should be +EditPackages

Comment

thank you, when i have changed the -editpackages loderunner for +editpackages loderunner the udk has recognized my custom classes and my custom folders, thank you Wizzard~Of~Ozz

Comment

Working...
                                X