Build All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build All

When I go to build a project (build all) it takes forever but when I build without lightmass it takes a few seconds. In fact I let it try to build for 15 minutes and nothing happened. The swarm agent bar finished but the status bar on the build window didn't move. I have an ASUS laptop with: Intel Core2 Duo (P8700) 2.53 Ghz, 6gb ram, 500g hd, Windows Vista 64bit. I guess I could just contain to build without lightmass but it just seems odd.

Thanks for the help.

Did you have lightmass volumes in place?

Comment

Lightmass volumes

Are you referring to the radio button that toggles the lightmass on or off? And if that's not it, how would I check if I have lightmass volumes in place?

Comment

Its a volume you add from the add volumes menu (right below the add, subtract, intersect, and deintersect BSP commands) have to put in place over the areas that you want lightmass to focus on, i am pretty sure that if you don't put them over your level lightmass does a high resolution light map of the entire map, rather then only using high res for the parts that you defined. Which may explain why it's taking so long

Comment

Lightmass

Thanks mogget, I'll give that a try. I'll post back to let you know how it goes. Cheers!

Comment

Light Volume

I right click on the "Add Volume" button and a substantial list of options appears. If you would be so kind as to explain what I need to do from there or point me in the direction of where I can find more info that would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Haha yea, it is a pretty huge list ^.^ I don't even know what half the volumes in there do you should be looking for one titled LightmassImportanceVolume, It should be right next to your mouse when you right click the button. the volume will appear on your builder brush.
              I hope this helped

more info on lightmass, showing off some of the goodies that it has
              http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Lightmass.html

Also, try checking out some of the tutorials on 3D Buzz, they have some really great videos on there.
              http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_vid...51c72003546386

Comment

Lightmass volume

Thanks again M, I appreciate the help. I actually have checked out 3dbuzz, its a pretty sweet site. I tried the first tutorial and it didn't mention anything about the volume but I'll check out that other site that you mentioned as well.

Comment

Are you making the level using Additive or Subtractive brushes?

Comment

Build All

I've tried it both ways. I usually do it in additive mode. Why do you ask?

Comment

Glad to be of assistance I hope that fixes your problem. Yea, it looks like they covered it in the creating a simple level tutorials. Kinda odd it wasn't mentioned in the lighting tutorials though
                      http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_showvideo.php?v=3758

Comment

Working...
                      X