No announcement yet.

Just an idea. Community Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What domain do you need? Just the URL? Then take a look above you .

Well, if it ever starts, I'm in.

I have a feeling a project like this would best be done episodically, with each episode exemplifying a different genre e.g. episode one is in a medieval fantasy third person hack and slash RPG, episode two is set in a modern-day FPS with gameplay mechanics based on realism, episode three is an open world sci fi adventure, etc. The advantages of such an episodic format are:

big list cut by RhinoMatte for readability

So step one would be to draft a design document for episode 1. We'd have to agree what the focus is for episode 1.

What do you think?
    I like this idea. One thing though, we should try to keep things relatively simple for the first episode, I think. Something like BigDaz suggested. Something without a complicated storyline. If you have an idea, feel free to post it in here or on the forums I provided. I'm getting to one myself, but it's not completely formed inside my head.

Comment

unfortunately I do dont deal with any free forums

Comment

Originally posted by Hboybowen View Post
        unfortunately I do dont deal with any free forums
        What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoMatte View Post
          What domain do you need? Just the URL? Then take a look above you .
          Nah, for professional hosting, you need a .com, or other Top Level Domain.
          Can get one from www.crazydomains.com.au for $AU9.00 per year.

If you can get that, I can host it

Comment

Oh, ok. I'd like to keep things free until we have a certainty of success though.

Comment

I can understand that.
              It's just better to secure the domain early, and get hosting sorted first off, so you don't have to deal with the drama of a server migration, potentially losing most of your forum userbase.

I can host it on the BPS domain itself, but that'd mean it's be http://yoursubdomain.bulletproof-studios.com.au, somewhat long, don't ya think

Comment

Working...
              X