Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to create a dynamically generated map.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to create a dynamically generated map.

I need some advice. I'm trying to create a dynamically generated map, but I'm unsure how to go about this. The map will be divided into sections:

This is where I'm stuck. Do I make each piece with a floor and their own small light and place them into an unlit shell of a map? Or should I make the bsp floor and ceiling to spawn wall pieces into?

I don't get what you're asking.

Comment

I believe he's asking how to make UDK go all "oooh, I'll put a wall here, here and here, and maybe a roof here," without having to create 10 different levels and say "pick one" to the game.

Comment

I think he wants it to be so that each square is put in a random place, creating a totally new map each time you play.

Amirite?

Comment

You could have to do a lot of scripting so that it does it right, like looking at that thing I can tell that if you move two of them the maze is blocked.

Comment

Right, but the scripting isn't going to be the problem. I need to know what is the best way to create the map pieces so that there isn't a problem with shaders and lighting.

Comment

I would try a single light and load levels.

Comment

Working...
              X