Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If epic import Nvidia Apex to UDK , the UDK physx ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If epic import Nvidia Apex to UDK , the UDK physx ...

If epic import Nvidia Apex to UDK , the UDK original physx effect should be cancel ? ( example UDK cloth physx / softbody / Fractured Meshes / kactor effect ...) , or mix apex together to use ??? or update the UDK Physx effect to distribution to apex ???
    but I know Nvidia Apex Fractured Meshes must create to Fractured Apex tool .

so UDK original PhysX can't distribution to apex .

Doesn't the UDK use NVIDIA's physX already?

So I'm pretty sure that if Apex came along (not quite sure what that is) then it'll be fully updated so things would work like they're suppose to.

NVIDIA takls about the unreal engine on their page all the time anyway so you konw NVIDIA's backing them up on this.

Comment

APEX is build on top of physx. It's just higher level of abstraction.

Comment

but if Apex import to UDK , EPIC member no need to update UDK original physx , physx is distribution to nvidia , epic can focus to create planet terrian and gravity system development .
        time is money. UDK no need original physx ( same nvidia apex ) , the demand is update source code .

I have some suggest
        1.update planet terrain ( the terrain edit tool update sphere )
        2.update gravity system
        3.update realtime Lightmass , maybe Dynamic Lightmass ( give designer to chose realtime or not )
        4.kactor can float in space use volume ( kactor (Dynamic Object) can't float in space/water )
        5.Mesh Paint Mode can paint to Dynamic Object ( now , Fractured Meshes can't Mesh Paint , and fluid surface can't Mesh Paint )

Comment

Then how to you want to get physical particles, collision, cloth simulation, rigid bodies, soft-bodies ? Ehh ? It's all PhysX. APEX GREATLY simplifies all thing, You can author all things in 3ds max and just import working assert into udk (yeahhh finally characters with cloth simulation.).You really dont get a point. PhysX is core. APEX utilizing PhysX.

Comment

Working...
          X