Model Polycount limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Polycount limit?

Hi i want to know what is the max polycount of the unreal engine 3 for models?

I talk to you , ue3 no limit polycount , I try import 200K polycount model , succesful , but you must wait about 10minute , and some message same: [too more polycount ], and some face error message , you can ok ok ok skip it , and wait long time ( same crash ) , and then succesful , so ue3 no limit poly model .
    I try import 200K poly model to UDK , it is work

Comment

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=545446 - might be helpful ballparking

Comment

There really isn't a polycount per model, you want to keep in mind the entire scene. If there really isn't going to be much around, there isn't an issue with increasing the count up.

Comment

Well, there is no limit but I recommend 3500 to 5000 for good looks and smooth gameplay. Remember, when you increase the computer specs, less people will buy/try your game.

Not many people own an 8GB system...

Comment

Originally posted by CreativeCoding View Post
            Well, there is no limit but I recommend 3500 to 5000 for good looks and smooth gameplay. Remember, when you increase the computer specs, less people will buy/try your game.

Not many people own an 8GB system...
            That's true indeed. We should all keep in mind that not many people have the systems we have.
            3500-5000 sounds a bit too low for characters thought. We (team) keep characters limited at 20000-25000 while the rest of the world as low as possible.

Comment

Yeah dude, 5000 is... really low. I'm happy when I can get my characters down to 30k. Keep in mind how long you intend to be actually working on the game. If it's a large project that might take, say two or three years like the ones I'm working on, then take into account how drastically computers are going to upgrade. I think most of our character targets for the larger projects are 30-50k, there's one project that I'm working on very slowly that I'm not even reducing them really out of Zbrush, they're all 75-100k because I'm working on it so slowly it'll take me at least five years to finish.

Right now I think a lot of people are targeting about 20k for main characters, probably 15k for others. Mostly, though, try to keep the scenes to a few hundred thousand on the screen at once and you should be good.

Comment

Working...
              X